Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Harley Davidson Special Edition Fat Boy Unveiled in Auto Expo India 2010 (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/464130-harley-davidson-special-edition-fat-boy-unveiled-in-auto-expo-india-2010-a.html)

M THE ROCK 01-12-2010 05:08 AM

LOL courious to see a fatty in the indian roads.....:icon_laugh::icon_bike::icon_moped:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klteY...layer_embedded

xFreebirdx 01-12-2010 05:12 AM

Looks like Toucan Sam. ;)

walkin 01-12-2010 05:17 AM

Originally Posted by Rakthi (Post 6082177)
Maybe you should have looked up "INDIA" before you posted the above!

I agree on this.

Anyone who even knows an iota about "INDIA" will not post such stuff.

I think we are diverting from the main topic.

This may not be a "Hot Color Scheme" for most of the guys here as it is simply based on "Colours of Indian National Flag"

That is it !!

OTTO 01-12-2010 06:13 AM

fat boy

1 Attachment(s)
Yes that is a lot of color. Hammer

walkin 01-12-2010 07:32 AM

[quote=M THE ROCK;6082224]LOL courious to see a fatty in the indian roads.....:icon_laugh::icon_bike::icon_moped:

This is crazy !!

donthate 01-13-2010 12:03 AM

[quote=09heritagerider;6078096]

Originally Posted by donthate (Post 6077488)

Hey everybody! Look at this enlightened individual calling us all "republican narrow minded homos"...you're so much smarter than us dude. I think you should have your own forum where you can discuss world issues with other people that possess "functional brains."

:icon_rolleyes:

thank you, and maybe i will

reddog8145 01-13-2010 02:56 AM

Oh, no not for me, reminds me of an ice cream available in the UK,

Reddog UK

walkin 01-13-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by reddog8145 (Post 6087031)
Oh, no not for me, reminds me of an ice cream available in the UK,

Reddog UK

May I know the Brand ?

olcrazy1 01-13-2010 11:53 AM

how much will it sell for in India? My guess is the average person will have to work 33 years making $2 a day 7 days a week to be able to buy it.

walkin 01-13-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by olcrazy1 (Post 6088594)
how much will it sell for in India? My guess is the average person will have to work 33 years making $2 a day 7 days a week to be able to buy it.

Do you think that Harley Davidson has arrived in Indian Market with such a great strategy of selling their first bike after 33 years ? :icon_photo:

For your information, these bikes are going to be sold at almost double the price in India as compared to USA and the one that we are talking here will cost 40000$ !! :icon_smile:

skipper469 01-13-2010 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by walkin (Post 6089014)
Do you think that Harley Davidson has arrived in Indian Market with such a great strategy of selling their first bike after 33 years ? :icon_photo:

For your information, these bikes are going to be sold at almost double the price in India as compared to USA and the one that we are talking here will cost 40000$ !! :icon_smile:

In that case. I'm painting my bike the colors of the Indian flag, and shipping it over to India ASAP!!!! Honestly man, I don't like the paint, but who cares; they could think the same about An American flag colored painted bike. The only one who should care, is the person saddling it! If they can afford it, he'll yeah! Get out and ride until you can't ride anymore! I'll ride with you anytime!

lucky chuckie 01-13-2010 06:04 PM

That is one big picture, and those are some bright colors. I prefer blue bikes.

snook592 01-13-2010 06:46 PM

[quote=donthate;6077488]

Originally Posted by aviator (Post 6076629)
hell, they already have every call center. now they can have HDs too.....quote]
you are such an idiot.

what does having your call centers in india have to do with indians also getting HDs?

and it is hilarious how you all attack the dude who is trying to show the new avenues an American Company is venturing into.

2% of the people on this board seem to have a functional brain. It is a big step for harley to come to India where the spending capacity of an individual is constantly increasing. Lack of space on the roads in india increases the sale of motorcycles, and besides that India is home to some of the most adventurous cruises.

Flame more you republican narrow minded homos.
all you ever do is bitch anyways.

Welcome to the boards Bro. If only 2% of us have brains why even bother yourself with our gibberish :icon_iamwithstupid:

donthate 01-13-2010 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by olcrazy1 (Post 6088594)

maybe. but atleast we are not bitching about our jobs being outsourced to antother country. Like walkin mentioned, these will be sold for double the cost compared to the US (if not more). Yet people will buy them.

Not just motorcycles, even Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lambos and every other import costs over twice the cost price, but it hasnt stopped us from buying them. India does not support purchase of Forigen goods and imposes a huge tax on whatever is manufactured outside the country to balance the economy are more importantly promote indigenious goods.

so next time you see a guy with a harley in india realize, the fact that he could own three of those if he were in your country.

think before you speak out of ass :icon_slap:

olcrazy1 01-13-2010 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by donthate (Post 6091279)
maybe. but atleast we are not bitching about our jobs being outsourced to antother country. Like walkin mentioned, these will be sold for double the cost compared to the US (if not more). Yet people will buy them.

Not just motorcycles, even Ferraris, Aston Martins, Lambos and every other import costs over twice the cost price, but it hasnt stopped us from buying them. India does not support purchase of Forigen goods and imposes a huge tax on whatever is manufactured outside the country to balance the economy are more importantly promote indigenious goods.

so next time you see a guy with a harley in india realize, the fact that he could own three of those if he were in your country.

think before you speak out of ass :icon_slap:

go F yourself, I was making a joke. You should start a Harley India board and you can worship your ugly colors with your own people. Better yet, why doesn't a company in your own shit bag country make a bike and you guys can buy it. You can borrow people from the dish network help line to paint them for you. Or just paint cows and you can ride them instead of worship them.

donthate 01-13-2010 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by olcrazy1 (Post 6091366)
go F yourself, I was making a joke. You should start a Harley India board and you can worship your ugly colors with your own people. Better yet, why doesn't a company in your own shit bag country make a bike and you guys can buy it. You can borrow people from the dish network help line to paint them for you. Or just paint cows and you can ride them instead of worship them.

we do. they are called Royal Enfield.

got any more stereotypical comments left in your bag, wise guy?

dont have to try that hard to make a comeback. your intelligence is not at par with your dumbassness

DyNaBoB 01-13-2010 10:13 PM

:icon_munching:

Lowbro 01-13-2010 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by donthate (Post 6091601)
we do. they are called Royal Enfield.

got any more stereotypical comments left in your bag, wise guy?

dont have to try that hard to make a comeback. your intelligence is not at par with your dumbassness

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f5.../specalday.jpg

Lowbro 01-13-2010 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by walkin (Post 6082236)
I agree on this.

Anyone who even knows an iota about "INDIA" will not post such stuff.

I think we are diverting from the main topic.

This may not be a "Hot Color Scheme" for most of the guys here as it is simply based on "Colours of Indian National Flag"

That is it !!

Ok,But I still think it looks like SHITZ ok ?

WarriorHD 01-13-2010 10:47 PM

:icon_starwars:

This is fun

Rick101285 01-13-2010 11:04 PM

Yea that screams super gay

brunswickoh 01-13-2010 11:23 PM

I like it!!

Rakthi 01-13-2010 11:31 PM

AP News

Jan 05, 2010 12:52 EST

Motorcyle maker Harley-Davidson Motor Co. said Tuesday that it plans to introduce 12 models to the Indian market in 2010.

The models, which include Harley's Sportster, Nightster and Fat Boy lines, will be available for order starting in April with delivery expected in June. They will be priced from 695,000 rupees ($15,046) to 3,495,000 rupees ($75,666).

walkin 01-14-2010 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Rakthi (Post 6092096)
AP News

Jan 05, 2010 12:52 EST

Motorcyle maker Harley-Davidson Motor Co. said Tuesday that it plans to introduce 12 models to the Indian market in 2010.

The models, which include Harley's Sportster, Nightster and Fat Boy lines, will be available for order starting in April with delivery expected in June. They will be priced from 695,000 rupees ($15,046) to 3,495,000 rupees ($75,666).

Here is the complete listing of the 12 Models:
http://www.indiancarsbikes.in/motorc...0-models-1537/

djcustom1 01-14-2010 12:37 PM

Pretty loud colors. Got any more photos?

Arv 01-14-2010 12:54 PM

Harley can't please everyone all the time.
If that pulled up next to me i wouldn't turn me nose up at it, and would express an interest in the history and why the colours were used, then just appreciate it.

I tend not to be so judgmental nowadays, as i get older. ..:icon_lol:

walkin 01-14-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Arv (Post 6094250)
Harley can't please everyone all the time.
If that pulled up next to me i wouldn't turn me nose up at it, and would express an interest in the history and why the colours were used, then just appreciate it.

I tend not to be so judgmental nowadays, as i get older. ..:icon_lol:

Great Thoughts & Attitude !! :icon_imnotworthy:

Geoff 01-14-2010 02:03 PM

Hard to comment without seeing the whole bike.

DannyZ71 01-14-2010 02:23 PM

Holy crap, I'm blind!

I'll look at it again after I get home and plug my 42" tv into the computer so I can see something other than the orange peel.

walkin 01-15-2010 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by Geoff (Post 6094505)
Hard to comment without seeing the whole bike.

You can see more here: http://bit.ly/8DLjmj

mcpastor 01-15-2010 10:09 AM

Would I own it? No. (Mine's simple black and chrome.) If I were Indian, would I own it? Maybe. But the whole thing about owning a Harley, whether you customize it yourself or buy a factory custom, is that you like it. I find the wide spectrum of tastes I see on the road and in these forms fascinating. It's a kick to try to see things from someone else's perspective--trying to relate on some level as to why they like it. (What else am I doing during a long winter?) Having said that, I think I'll PUKE if I look at that picture one more time. (Just kidding ;-) Now that I've looked at all the pics, it's kinda growing on me. Two of the three colors, orange and (sometimes) white are Harley colors.

IronAss 01-15-2010 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by aviator (Post 6076629)
think they'd be interested in a slightly used president????

In order for something to be used don't ya have to have gotten some kind of use out of it?

Mordrapheus 01-15-2010 11:49 AM

not my cup of tea, but if it helps sell more HDs then I am all for what ever rocks their boat

Mordrapheus 01-15-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by skipper469 (Post 6069281)
Well this is an American forum and I don't care where it's at or where it's from. It makes me wish I were color blind!

Did not know that this was a USA only forum, at least I do not remember having to prove where I live when I registered.
If you are that narrow minded then stay off the web.

Sorry comments like that just really rub me the wrong way

walkin 01-15-2010 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus (Post 6098845)
Did not know that this was a USA only forum, at least I do not remember having to prove where I live when I registered.

Good to see this kinda comment !!

:icon_goodpost:

skipper469 01-15-2010 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus (Post 6098830)
not my cup of tea, but if it helps sell more HDs then I am all for what ever rocks their boat

Originally Posted by Mordrapheus (Post 6098845)

Hey look judge! Why don't you read all of my posts on the thread before making judgements!!!! For your information I respect everyone and everything including their opinions, as you would have noticed if you would have read ALL OF MY COMMENTS on this thread!!! My point was, this IS an American based forum; so be prepared for some good ole' American free speech. If someone wants to take it personal because we think their flag colors look like crap on a Harley PIZZ OFF!! He asked for OUR opinion!!!! If you don't want it;then DON"T ASK!!!! There's only one judge, so wise-up, and keep it to yourself!!!

DyNaBoB 01-15-2010 05:40 PM

FLYING_BURRITO_BROTHER 01-15-2010 06:17 PM

Yuck...

...and could that pic be any bigger?

kiwideuce 01-15-2010 11:48 PM

some really ignorant people on hear!! skipper i thought this was a harley forum,not american forum?? as for money,india has the most millionaires along with russia dont they??harley is smart to target indian and chinese markets! they huge growing economies! and indians have a huge motorcycle market! they make royal enfields brand new!! the colour scheme is ugly but it is the colours of the indian flag!!the guy was right about red white and blue being the best! that will match the australian,new zealand ,british and french flags right??maybe a couple of others too

kiwideuce 01-15-2010 11:58 PM

does senior rider = old fool??