Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wide Glide vs. Fatboy Lo - Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 08:44 PM
jason628
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Greetings,

Last July when the 2010's were first announced, I just had to trade my Rocker C for the new Fatboy Lo. My dealer finally got one in, and I sat on it and wasn't all that impressed. Sitting next to it was a new vivid black Wide Glide. I sat on it and it felt a lot more comfortable to me. I had never owned a dyna, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The Wide Glide handles so much better than the softails I have owned and is a lot more fun to ride. It does great on long trips with 2 people on it. It's going to be hard for me to go back to a softail!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:57 PM
knightsofnii
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a similar but somewhat different dilemna.

I already have an 03 wideglide.
I've been having trouble getting the forward control reach to be more comfortable.
I did, however, just order the 06 dyna forward control reduce reach mod kit, that comes with brackets and brake rod, the brake rod will have to be modded to work with my bike.

If this doesnt work, next option is forward seat. I also removed the huge air cleaner cover. That's basically the issue, the brake pedal is too far IN and my foot can barely press it as I have to reach around that air cleaner.

----------------

Anyway, frustration is starting to get the best of me. I went and sat on every single 2013 bike HD currently has. All dynas with forwards are too far forward for me. The one bike that fit like a glove was the Fat Boy Low. The softail brakes and pegs(or floorboards) just seem to be in just the right spot, even softails with forwards. The bars and seat were perfect height and reach, it does not feel any heavier than my dyna.

So I'm going to try this peg mod, and if it doesnt do the trick, probably trade in or sell/buy the FB Low. Just wanted to share, aside from that I guess I'm just venting, for the shorter people out there, the FB Low is built for us. Not as cramped and narrow as a sportster, not as stretched as a dyna.