Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Wide Glide vs. Fatboy Lo - Opinions?

Old 03-23-2010, 03:27 PM
jbg
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Wide Glide vs. Fatboy Lo - Opinions?

Anyone got any real reasons to pick one over the other? I'm going to upgrade my sporty and need some advice.

I really like the new Wide Glide, but it's got that smaller front tire... Anyone got some real reasons to stick with the Softail over the Dyna? It's not even $1000 difference in price.

Talk me into one or the other please!

Old 03-23-2010, 03:30 PM
DaveFLSTFB
Road Captain

I am a little biased, but I like the softails better than the dynas. I do like that new wideglide too, but the balanced motor and cruiser style of the Fatboy beats it hands down.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:03 PM
lanceo70
Tourer

I really liked them both..I havent rode them..only sat on them at the dealer. The new wide glide felt more comfortable to me . And of all the new models this year The Wide Glide is my favorite.

Old 03-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Grizzbare
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a 08 dyna and an 09 fatty. The Dyna is my choice for twisties. The fatty gets the nod 90 percent of the time the dyna rubber mount motor is a lot like your sporty in vibe and handeling the fatty is smoother and more comfortable for distance and 2 up. I love em both. Kinda like a blonde vs redhead

Old 03-23-2010, 04:59 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

So would you say the Dyna's like a big Sportster? It's not going to ride as securly on the longer, higer speed road trips as the Softail will? That's really my concern here. I'm looking to feel as secure on the open road as I do on my Deluxe. The sporty's my favorite of the two...but it's not so nice on long, open road trips.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Arv
Road Captain

Ride em both, see what feels best to you, then ride em again to make sure..
Good luck!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the Lo is a killer bike, but the new wide glide is not half bad either, I sow one the other day on the road and let me teal you ,looked really sharp,
my opinion, you want go wrong with either bike.
good luck with your decision.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:10 PM
mtairy biker
Road Warrior

the fat boy looks real nice ,BUT the dyna will ride way better.there is nothing soft about a softtail

Old 03-23-2010, 06:11 PM
DeLuxeLady
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mtairy biker
there is nothing soft about a softtail
I kinda sorta have to disagree (have you ridden a Softail lately? Oh, nevermind...that's the Ford commercial) but anywhooo...back to the question...

I would def. go with the new Wide Glide. Why? It's new, it's hot, everyone else is buying the FB low, the pipes look cool (see, I'm being a rational woman).... Also, the FB is the same body as your Deluxe and will ride similar (I know, not exact, but more or less a similar experience). If you are looking or a different experience, the Wide Glide would be it (and more like the Sporty, but better). Plus, if you are looking at the Red Sunglo, it's a pretty color.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:02 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

I personally like the wider tires in front for ride comfort. I really looked at the new wide glide also before the Lo, but I just wanted the more "secure" feeling on the road with the wider tires. I came from a softail custom with the skinny front tire, and it's a world of difference on handling and comfort, but that's just my opinion. I absolutely LOVE my FBL, but if there wasn't a new Fatboy Lo out, I probably would have gotten the dyna. It is a great looking bike.

As stated before, it's all in what feels comfy to YOU, but I just wanted to throw out my experience for you to "chew" on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New Wide Glide vs. Fatboy Lo - Opinions?