Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Old 03-06-2017, 09:18 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate
Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
rode two weeks ago and now they calling for 3 inches on snow on sunday. kinda bummed. my stepson's friend lives with us when he's not at college, i'm taking him to the safety course this weekend. hope he at least gets one day to learn
Dan
Hope they supply a bike! Nobody touches the HOG!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:04 AM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by ILMFBL
Now wait just a minute there Gommee, I thought you were already over the edge.
^^^^THIS!^^^^

Old 03-07-2017, 07:27 AM
joebad
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Dash turn signal arrows flashing fast after CD front turn signal install

I believe this procedure, noted by Roadsterglide on another thread (New "Rushmore" Models under softail section of these forums), is what worked for me. I was asked to post how I solved the problem on my bike and I haven't had time to look for the Custom Dynamics instructions but I think this is the same. When I find those instructions later today I will post if there are any differences from what I've written below.

Roadsterglide indicates that in his case he needed to have his engine running while doing the following, but I don't know if I did, so you might try first with only the ignition on and if that doesn't work, fire her up.

1) Turn Ignition on
2) Turn on 4 way hazards by pressing the hazard button on the controls. DO NOT press both turn signal switch's at the same time. That is the way the hazard activate on PRE CANBUS bikes.
3) Turn the Ignition off letting hazards run. IF the bike has security they will flash 5 or 6 times and then pause. This is normal. They will go back to flashing normal hazard mode.
4) Let hazards run 1-2 minutes.
5)Turn Ignition back on
6) Turn off hazards
7) Turn Ignition off and then back on
8) Check function of turn signals

Old 03-07-2017, 08:08 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by Gommee
Dan
Hope they supply a bike! Nobody touches the HOG!
Heya Scott, yeah you get to ride a 250 by suzuki or kawasaki. back when i took it they still had a yamaha 125

Old 03-07-2017, 03:21 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

anyone ever see a picture of a fat boy with a head light cowl?. i'm going with lower bars soon, thinking of other ideas. i'm putting bars from a wide glide on

Old 03-07-2017, 09:28 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by sbarron
^^^^THIS!^^^^
I resemble that comment...

Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 PM
Gommee
Devil's Advocate

Originally Posted by Freak Show
Heya Scott, yeah you get to ride a 250 by suzuki or kawasaki. back when i took it they still had a yamaha 125
I had to re-do my license 12 years ago when I moved provinces. They neglected to add the motorcycle class when I got my new license.
The safety course I had to take had little Honda 100's. What a riot, it was more like stunt school!

Old 03-12-2017, 07:22 PM
adam1948
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Wind deflectors #57400143

They work, installed them today and no more buffeting. Best hd hundred dollars i've spent, only thing is they are chrome, i might power coat or paint black? Any suggestions on real good spray paint?

The following users liked this post:
skian (03-13-2017)
Old 03-14-2017, 09:32 AM
sbarron
Road Master
Received 200 Likes on 143 Posts

Most spray paints b rands follow similar recipes within the chemical makeups of the paints. Either an epoxy or an acrylic would work, I'd stay away from a raw lacquer finish. The main thing is the prep. If you are painting over chrome, make sure you clean, scuff, clean again, and prime/paint while surface is warm and clean. I'm not sure I said clean enough. After priming, give the paint a thin coat and let dry for a few minutes before applying a second heavier coat. The light coat will help the next coat adhere. If the correct steps are taken, some amazing results can be had with rattle cans. Remember, in many cases, it's the same product being sprayed by a body shop, just applied differently.

The following users liked this post:
adam1948 (03-14-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 08:20 AM
Mustang Matt
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmorg13
In denim. Just put on the forward controls. I've got the FL foward controls from HD and Arlen Ness extensions. Definitely makes a world of difference. Any tall guys out there (I'm 6'3" with a 35" inseam) that feel cramped on the Lo, this is the way to go. My legs can pretty much stretch straight out. Next up are some 4" risers and then I'll be done for awhile.
Hi jdmorg13, I'm 6'5" tall with a 36" inseam, so was wondering how the forwards felt and do you have any pics of you on the bike so I can see how it looks, as I'm thinking of doing the same thing to my FB Lo to go with my 18" apes?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners