Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 05:22 PM
BbyDgital
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Freak Show
got the lights put on but when i got home i noticed one of the bulbs in the head light isn't on and when i turn on the high beam nothing changes. Since i'm not used to this type of headlight, i'm guessing it's in high beam and the low is out. When i get a chance next weekend i'll take it back so my buddy can look at it. hoping it's something simple. or it could be a bad light.
Dang, that's disappointing I would just contact Amazon and have them send you a replacement.

Old 07-01-2017, 05:27 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts
Unhappy

i hate after-market parts

Old 07-01-2017, 09:55 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior
Received 470 Likes on 250 Posts

got the lights put on but when i got home i noticed one of the bulbs in the head light isn't on and when i turn on the high beam nothing changes. Since i'm not used to this type of headlight, i'm guessing it's in high beam and the low is out. When i get a chance next weekend i'll take it back so my buddy can look at it. hoping it's something simple. or it could be a bad light.
That sucks Dan, shouldn't be too hard to figure out

Old 07-01-2017, 10:44 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 510 Likes on 448 Posts

Originally Posted by BbyDgital
Dang, that's disappointing I would just contact Amazon and have them send you a replacement.
i'm thinking it may be just that, and will have to do that

so i changed the light back to original one. it was fine for a while but just got back from a ride and when i got in the garage i turned on the high beam and got i got nothing. It's got to be the wiring.. any ideas?

Last edited by ChickinOnaChain; 07-17-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:05 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior

so i changed the light back to original one. it was fine for a while but just got back from a ride and when i got in the garage i turned on the high beam and got i got nothing. It's got to be the wiring.. any ideas?
I would start by removing the jumper harness for the passing lights. the one you bought to keep the passing lights on with the high beams. Check to see if high/low works correctly without it. If I remember there are a couple of connectors on it that are similar, may be hooked up wrong. I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow

Old 07-02-2017, 09:06 PM
Detroit Iron
Tourer
Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Sgt_Jim
this thread is 7 years, 2 months, and 11 days old now..yikes.

Yes and holy chriminey. I was on it since DaveFLSTFB started it, day one. I don't post much. Now and then, I check back to see if there's any new ground being covered. It's funny to see a lot of new people come and go, and then there's a few originals, like Sgt Jim, that remain consistent.

Super cool. I still have my Lo. I toss around the idea of something else, but then I think... "why would I?".

Old 07-02-2017, 11:45 PM
tkuligowski
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Detroit Iron
Yes and holy chriminey. I was on it since DaveFLSTFB started it, day one. I don't post much. Now and then, I check back to see if there's any new ground being covered. It's funny to see a lot of new people come and go, and then there's a few originals, like Sgt Jim, that remain consistent.

Super cool. I still have my Lo. I toss around the idea of something else, but then I think... "why would I?".
I've read every page of this thread twice. Got a lot of ideas and inspiration for my bike from reading everyday. I have a very hot and cold relationship with my Lo over the years. I love riding this bike around town and feeling the wind hit me but whenever I go out for a longer distance rides I wish I had a touring model. I want to ride to the Grand Canyon soon which is a few thousand miles for me. I'd really like to have a bike better equipped for that but my long rides are so few and far between not sure it's worth it to get a big touring bike for once a year trips. In the ideal world of unlimited funds I'd have both.

Old 07-03-2017, 07:04 AM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Fat11Lo
I would start by removing the jumper harness for the passing lights. the one you bought to keep the passing lights on with the high beams. Check to see if high/low works correctly without it. If I remember there are a couple of connectors on it that are similar, may be hooked up wrong. I'll try to get you some pics tomorrow
When the light is cooled down, at first start the high comes on. then i'm guessing after heating up it turns off.. The led i just bought comes on for a few seconds then turns off right away. My original head light i have an LED bulb in it and it stays on for a bit, then turns off later.. but yeah shoot me some pictures, it's getting confusing. Thanks Chuck.

Old 07-03-2017, 05:09 PM
Fat11Lo
Road Warrior

When the light is cooled down, at first start the high comes on. then i'm guessing after heating up it turns off.. The led i just bought comes on for a few seconds then turns off right away. My original head light i have an LED bulb in it and it stays on for a bit, then turns off later.. but yeah shoot me some pictures, it's getting confusing. Thanks Chuck.
Is there any additional wiring for these headlights? what do the auxiliary lights do? what about the running or marker lights?

Old 07-03-2017, 05:38 PM
Freak Show
Seasoned HDF Member

the headlight has another modual inside of it now that has to be plugged into, i'm guessing because of the addition of the other lights. because when i tried to plug my original light back in without it, it wouldn't work.

i took it to a shop and they did all the work. the owner is a friend of mine, so i sent him a text and they told me to bring it back as soon as i can.. and like i said, it's only the high beam that goes out

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners