Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

JIMSFBL did you have to relocate the wiring harness on your rear fender after installing the shotgun shock? Some kick *** bikes on here but i think everyone would agree yours is the show bike. I showed the pick to a buddy of mine who's won EZ rider shows in Pomona, San Jose and Sac. He agreed yours is definitely a contender. Thanks for any info dude.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:16 PM
Sgt_Jim
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i got my powder coated parts back and they all look great, i got my forks reassembled and mounted into the trees, but i noticed there's a small gap between the neck of the frame and the bearings that are inside the trees.. like the part that the forks slide through, but the lower bearings.. is there supposed to be a small gap there? because i'm worried about the summer heat causing the grease inside to drip out, and i dont know whether that part should be flush or not

Old 04-02-2011, 04:07 PM
teamhuckem
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I'm finally posting a couple pics of my lo after looking at damn near 190 pages of awesome bikes. Awesome thread and great to see how everyone is customizing their own!

Ride safe all! I'll post more pics as I continue my quest for my perfect ride!

Jim

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0549.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0550.jpg  

Last edited by teamhuckem; 04-03-2011 at 07:36 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 04:42 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teamhuckem
Well, I'm finally posting a couple pics of my lo after looking at damn near 190 pages of awesome bikes. Awesome thread and great to see how everyone is customizing their own!

Ride safe all! I'll post more pics as I continue my quest for my perfect ride!

Jim
I guess Jim is the name to have if you own a Fatboy Lo, huh?! LOL Nice bike by the way

Old 04-02-2011, 04:47 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Well, I bit the bullet and went ahead and bought the Harley Swingarm bag. I got it at a discounted price so it was cheaper for me to buy that one than a Leatherworks one. And I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?

Last edited by FBLJosh; 04-02-2011 at 04:50 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:18 PM
James Riley
Tourer

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
Well, I bit the bullet and went ahead and bought the Harley Swingarm bag. I got it at a discounted price so it was cheaper for me to buy that one than a Leatherworks one. And I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?
I like that bag. It is my next purchase. How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? Also, people have raved about Dave's bag but I guess the guy who made it is "questionable." What's the difference?

Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 PM
bigoil7
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
And I think it looks pretty good. What do you think?
I think it looks great buddy, as a matter of fact your whole bike is looking sweet. I wish my Lo would get here! Supposedly by next weekend.

Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Originally Posted by James Riley
I like that bag. It is my next purchase. How much did you pay, if you don't mind my asking? Also, people have raved about Dave's bag but I guess the guy who made it is "questionable." What's the difference?
As far as what's the difference between Dave's bag and the Harley bag? The guy Dave got his from could make you a custom one with custom work on the leather. The Harley one is just plain/basic with nothing on it besides the small bar and shield on it. I like the way this one has the leather straps but has buckles underneath it so it's a quick and easy way to open the bag without having to unlatch the straps every time. I ended up out the door for $150, taxes included. I felt that was a fair price for it.

Bigoil7;
Thanks for the kind words. It's still a work in progress, but I'm going slow so I don't waste money on things I end up not wanting. I also don't want to throw things on it just to have accessories. I like a clean, low bike. Hopefully you won't have to wait too much longer on yours.

My wife isn't thrilled about the bag, but she understands my reasoning behind wanting it. I don't want saddlebags, but I want something I can throw a long sleeved shirt and a hat in for those cooler morning rides. She says as long as I don't put a windshield and permanent saddlebags on there, she's okay with it!! LOL And I have to respect her opinion, because without her, I wouldn't even have this bike!!! But as money allows, I'm getting more and more done to it. I'm going to have some small things PC'd because it's cheaper than buying them in black. Little by little it will get "done", and I use that word VERY loosely.

Old 04-03-2011, 05:09 AM
Arv
Road Captain

I was going to get me the fuel pak but now thinking about PCV (if its that good)

Old 04-03-2011, 08:11 AM
BigRedFan74
Novice

I'm with you Josh. My wife sat me down after talking to salesman and gave me the checkbook (anybody use those anymore?) and told me to write one out. Damn I love that woman! To me, less is more. Stripped down and bad@ss. But-sigh- she would like a windshield for the long rides. Detachable of course. Anyone know of the windshields that just strap to the forks? A friend had one on his Duece before trading it in. Are they made anymore?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners