Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2011, 07:03 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
You guys are like a bunch of little girls! In my house I am king. I don't let the old lady tell me what to do! I tell her if I want to spend money on my bike I'll just do it and if she doesn't like it she can just lump it!
(Hopefully she won't hear me saying that under my breath....if she actually heard it she'd kick my ***! LOL)
Yeah right. I laugh all the time about how my buddies and I say we talk to our wives and what the reality is. It does help though if the mods you do are small ones. It takes my wife longer to notice those. I'm enjoying finally having my sissy bar on so I don't have to actually wear my backpack. I'll post a pic or two tomorrow. It looks better then I thought it would. My new seat, shifter pegs, and brake pedal pad should be in by the weekend. I may have to wrap them and stick them under the tree though since they are supposed to be a Christmas present.

Old 12-13-2011, 08:42 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fatbob usmc EOD
My new seat, shifter pegs, and brake pedal pad should be in by the weekend. I may have to wrap them and stick them under the tree though since they are supposed to be a Christmas present.
No way to mount everything and place the old stuff under the tree??? Another option may be to mount everything and place the bike near the tree.

Old 12-13-2011, 09:02 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

I like the first plan. The second one would end up with my wife parking the bike next to my coffin instead.

Old 12-14-2011, 08:41 AM
moog5050
Tourer

Originally Posted by moog5050
Here it is: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/motor...e-lo-sale.html

Its in the classifieds under motorcycle parts general. Buy it all. I will make you a great deal. Thanks for looking.

Some nice items remaining. All sold orders shipping today. Price dropped on remaining items - great deals. Thanks for looking.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:21 AM
Toledofatboy
Advanced

TNB. I see you have the HD LED headlight. Is it worth the cost?

Old 12-14-2011, 10:54 AM
TNB
Road Master

Originally Posted by Toledofatboy
TNB. I see you have the HD LED headlight. Is it worth the cost?
If it prevents some idiot from hitting me, yes. It's definitely a big plus at night.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Josewales
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
No way to mount everything and place the old stuff under the tree??? Another option may be to mount everything and place the bike near the tree.
Including her...usually they walk around in a happy daze for a day...and all is forgotten and everyone is happy. Better than the 'Me man, you woman' act imo

Old 12-14-2011, 06:35 PM
Fatbob usmc EOD
Road Master

Here's the pics of the new sissy bar. It's not a set of saddlebags but it makes a huge difference getting my gear to work. It looks better then I thought it would too. Some advice for anybody assembling theirs. It turns out it does matter which way the sissy bar is oriented. If you put it on backwards the medallion won't sit flush. Hopefully you figure it out soon enough like I did, ie before the Red Locktite sets.

Attached Thumbnails Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0092.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0094.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0095.jpg   Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners-img_0096.jpg  
Old 12-15-2011, 12:30 AM
TNB
Road Master

Looks familiar though I had the pad reupholstered to match my seat when I am using the sissybar/rack.

Old 12-15-2011, 10:26 AM
SmokeyTN
Advanced

I've got a bunch of new mods that are going to be going on over the holidays. I had a gameplan in mind for months, then I saw Moog's bike, which matched almost everything that I was already planning on doing. That fella's got some good taste. I'll be throwing on the RSD Black Ops Turbine air cleaner, V&H 2-2 pipes, a SE pro racing tuner, and the one piece sissy bar setup in the coming months. Can't wait. It's gonna be like a new bike.

For those who put on detachable sissy bars, do you have strong advice for whether to grind off the end of the sideplate or just relocate the lights? I wouldn't mind saving a few bucks and grinding, but I'm afraid of messing it up. What did you guys use to grind?

Quick Reply: Calling all FatBoy Lo Owners