Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Joker Machine Bar End Mirrors (Pics)

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 08:49 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Joker Machine Bar End Mirrors (Pics)

Got my mirrors in today and installed them. Installation was a PITA! Had to remove throttle grip, measure about 50 times, then drill the bars to mount the mirror bracket that goes inside the bar. Put it all back together and then start on the other side. I think the mirrors look great. I got them through Dr. V-Twin. I only have one issue you will see in the pics. One of the jam nuts that keep the mirror from moving did not get chrome. I think it will rust. Waiting to hear back from Drew to see what they plan to do. Here are the pics. Tell me what you think...

Mirror with jam nut with no chrome...

Other mirror with good chromed jam nut...

Old 05-14-2010, 08:55 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Al, the mirrors look great. Sorry about the lack of the chrome nut. It looks like they put the wrong nut in the package. If you can get me the size of the nut i will pick up a chrome nut and ship it to you. Also, please email Shawn at info@drvtwin.com. We will get this sorted out for you. To find out what size the nut is take it to a hardware store and ask them if you don't know what size it is. It would probably be easier to just pick up a chrome nut at ACE hardware, but we will find a solution. By the way the mirrors look great. there is always a price to pay for a fancy item like taht which is the PITA of the isntall, but it looks to me like it was all worth it.

Drew

Last edited by DR. V-TWIN; 05-14-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 09:11 PM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
Al, the mirrors look great. Sorry about the lack of the chrome nut. It looks like they put the wrong nut in the package. If you can get me the size of the nut i will pick up a chrome nut and ship it to you. Also, please email Shawn at inf@drvtwin.com. We will get this sorted out for you. To find out what size the nut is take it to a hardware store and ask them if you don't know what size it is. It would probably be easier to just pick up a chrome nut at ACE hardware, but we will find a solution. By the way the mirrors look great. there is always a price to pay for a fancy item like taht which is the PITA of the isntall, but it looks to me like it was all worth it.

Drew
Hyperlink E-mail address does not work...

Old 05-14-2010, 09:16 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

Try it now. Sorry.

Drew

Old 05-14-2010, 10:23 PM
JayDee5150
Road Master

Dude those mirror are bad a$$...haven't seen that style before.

Fits the drag bar look perfectly...nice!

Old 05-14-2010, 11:26 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor

We had this exact same situation just this past week. I spoke with Brian at Joker Machine and he informed me that they no longer use chrome hardware (nuts) and all of their newer ones are anodized instead of chrome. I asked him if he had any chrome ones left and they were all out. Drew's advice is the best I can think of as well so you can get the look you want.

Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

Shawn

Old 05-14-2010, 11:39 PM
HeLtErSKeLtER
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice pics. Think these are perfect for drag bars. If I go that way next year I got a good option on mirrors. Thanks,
HeltS

Old 05-15-2010, 01:48 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master

I have joker mirrors too (standard mounts) and my jam nuts and Allen bolts are anodized. Love the mirrors but the anodized looks like crap. I'm gonna figure something else out, which I shouldn't have to do with 230.00 mirrors!!

Old 05-15-2010, 08:19 AM
NightTrain4Al
Cruiser

Originally Posted by AThousandHurricanes
I have joker mirrors too (standard mounts) and my jam nuts and Allen bolts are anodized. Love the mirrors but the anodized looks like crap. I'm gonna figure something else out, which I shouldn't have to do with 230.00 mirrors!!
Yeah...I agree totally. Spent $250 or so for two mirrors and they don't match. The one with the chrome nut looks so much better. I'm going to try to find one online. It needs to be chrome.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Mr. Lucky
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's BS... the mfg needs to step up to the plate! The right side jam nut looks like bare steel. Since ferrous metals (like steel) can't be an anodized, it likely will rust. Once again, the distributor is caught in the middle. In any event, Joker Machine needs to make good on this. They can't leave a customer with half and half.

Quick Reply: Joker Machine Bar End Mirrors (Pics)