Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Deluxe passenger seat question (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/52665-deluxe-passenger-seat-question.html)

ua72 08-21-2006 09:47 PM

Deluxe passenger seat question

I need a better passenger seat for my 05 deluxe I have the orginal small passenger seat on it now with the chrome luggage rack which passes under it, I like my luggage rack but need another seat because it is killing the wife, does anybody have a suggestion on a replacement seat?

mmarsalone 08-21-2006 10:08 PM

RE: Deluxe passenger seat question

Harley sells a larger passenger pillion for the Deluxe. I think it runs about $180. My wife tried the little one on the show room and we bought the larger one with the bike.

Dunk 2 08-21-2006 10:26 PM

What MMarsalone said.

sfcmo357 08-21-2006 11:01 PM

dido

ORIGINAL: mmarsalone

Harley sells a larger passenger pillion for the Deluxe. I think it runs about $180. My wife tried the little one on the show room and we bought the larger one with the bike.

Rhubarb 08-21-2006 11:10 PM

There is also a new sundowner that lets you keep the rack. It's not as nice looking as the 2 piece, but it looks like it gets the job done better.

hdsd05 08-22-2006 12:14 AM

i didn't question the dealer on this call. he said i should get the bigger one and i did. wife still complains a little but mainly because her legs were cramping at her knees and below. bought some adjustables from an local acc. store. so far no problem. she says that the small seat would be like a 50" but on a 10" seat it just don't fit right no matter what.

arthur 08-22-2006 02:23 AM

I have the HD passenger pillion and backrest, footboards for the wife. We took a farily long tour over over the summer (3600 mi) and she said it was pretty comfortable as the footboards allowed her to stretch out a bit. Said the seat was nice too after it broke in

ORIGINAL: ua72

I need a better passenger seat for my 05 deluxe I have the orginal small passenger seat on it now with the chrome luggage rack which passes under it, I like my luggage rack but need another seat because it is killing the wife, does anybody have a suggestion on a replacement seat?

Winberry Farms 08-22-2006 10:56 AM

I bought the bigger passenger seat as well. The only problem I ran into was my wife was almost standing straight up with the stock passenger pegs. I had to put on adjustables and she now says shes fine and could ride as long as we want.

gevange 08-22-2006 03:10 PM

My wife didn't like the touring passenger seat. She said it puts her up to high as it is very thick

Bluerose 08-22-2006 09:51 PM

My skinny 5' 3" 100 lb daughter complained about the stock pillon after only 3 miles. I bought the bigger seat but she hasn't had the opportunity to do anything but sit on it in the garage because I just got the passenger pegs back on.