Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP... right turn signal will not shut off

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 05:19 PM
N8sMCNBCN
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP... right turn signal will not shut off

06 heritage softail, riding along last week look down, right turn signal is blinking, push button to cancel, nothing... keep pushing... nothing... push both left and right... flashers come on, push both again both shut off.... 10 minutes later... right signal is back on for no reason... won't shut off this time regardless.... shut bike off at bar, come back out couple hours later, turn bike on and F'n right signal is blinking and won't stop. I resorted to pulling both bulbs out inorder to ride but that doesn't stop the idiot light on the dash plus it triggers the red key shaped idiot light to stay on.

What the L is going on? I've been riding half dozen times since and the light is still blinking. Any suggestions before I have to surrender to being raped at the dealer? Thanks much, ya'll have a good one. N8

Old 06-22-2010, 05:25 PM
twistr
Road Warrior
Received 141 Likes on 54 Posts

Sounds like you have a pinched wire in the switch housing or somewhere else within that circuit...did you have the housing changed? I would check there first

Old 06-22-2010, 05:29 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

It could be that your switch is shot too. When my switch went bad the signals was on whenever I started the bike.

Drew

Old 06-22-2010, 06:06 PM
N8sMCNBCN
2nd Gear

Haven't changed anything on the housing (at least not in past 2 years).
I haven't taken the housing apart yet, but will to check the switch. Any suggestions on how to check the switch to see if it's stuck "on". I ain't the best with electronics but know just enough to be dangerous.

Thanks for the replies, more suggestions/help is welcome until I find out what is going on.

Old 06-22-2010, 10:52 PM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i had a problem with mine on the r side. it was stuck on like in the flash position but was constantly on. rode one day put the bike up went back thru the garage couple days later the bulb had melted the plastic cover...even with the ingintion turned off the light was on. i've changed a lot of stuff, but like u nothing recently. i finally pulled the wheel n removed the tssm and unplugged connector 28b (i think from under the dash) the connector under the dash that sends power to the dash indicator light. this was after pulling all the fuses, checking all my wiring, etc...anyway long story this finally got the light 2 go off. i cleaned the connector w alcohol n been good since. shoot me a pm if this is as confusing as i think it sounds.

Old 06-22-2010, 11:22 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

The lean angle/turn signal module is only $114.95 at your nice dealer if it is not the wiring problems.

The dealer can plug in the lap top and diagnose the problem in 15 minutes. I had mine checked today and they didn't charge me anything. The new battery that I put in the fob was doa.

Old 06-24-2010, 07:10 PM
N8sMCNBCN
2nd Gear

RockyTopRider... could you email me details on what you did to fix your signal light problem. Thanks much.

Old 06-25-2010, 06:03 AM
RockyTopRider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N8sMCNBCN
RockyTopRider... could you email me details on what you did to fix your signal light problem. Thanks much.
not exactly details....but best i could do b4 work...also i couldn't send ya a pm. so check ur visitor messages. hollar if u need any more help. it's really not that complicated, just takes time. rtr

Old 06-25-2010, 08:29 AM
Coolbreeze
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the same issue, only its the left side. I would push the right one twice and it would cancel out the signal. Start the bike back up, and the dang light was back on. It has stopped doing that, now when I push the left signal, the idiot light on the dash comes on, but the bulbs dont blink. I am thinking I have a bad switch, only thing is, if it is bad wouldnt the light on the dash not come on as well? Sorry for the highjack, I will be following this thread.

Old 06-25-2010, 09:45 AM
XARAN
Stellar HDF Member
Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

replace the bulbs first, a bad bulb can light but will cause a bad contact or ground and cause the flasher not to cancel or sometimes flash fast and not cancel

Quick Reply: HELP... right turn signal will not shut off