Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Exhaust or air filter next?
Exhaust
100.00%
Air filter
0%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Cross Bones - what next exhaust or air filter?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:30 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
OH WOW! That must be a UK thing because there has not been a single year here in the states where the Bones has had a football aircleaner cover as a stock item. It is one of the details besides the forks, spring seat and bobbed fenders that set it apart from the other softails.
Hi Skeez ... Only the US version has the round cover, all the international versions of the Xbones got a black football from day 1, they can't fit the intake flapper valve in the round one ... Guess what the first thing was I tossed of the bike!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:42 AM
97FXSTSB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Skeezmachine
The Crossbone doesn't come with a football. It has an old school round air cleaner cover. Thank GOD! I hate those footbal shaped AC covers!
O know, I was referring to his SIG PIC. Looks like the football cover.

I actually like the stock XB round cover. And it matches the look better than a new RSD

Old 08-08-2010, 11:47 AM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Rakthi
Hi Skeez ... Only the US version has the round cover, all the international versions of the Xbones got a black football from day 1, they can't fit the intake flapper valve in the round one ... Guess what the first thing was I tossed of the bike!
I was NOT aware of that! Proof that you can learn something new everyday...

Originally Posted by 97FXSTSB
O know, I was referring to his SIG PIC. Looks like the football cover.

I actually like the stock XB round cover. And it matches the look better than a new RSD

I love my round air cleaner cover! I have had at least two opportunities to get a SE Heavy Breather (sort of like the one in your SIG pic) for a steal but I always end up favoring the old school look of my stock air cleaner. Of course, the Heavy Breather suits your bad-@$$ scoot completely! Once I do go with a filter upgrade I will probably stick with a SE Stage 1 so I can keep my old tractor style dish.

I guess to answer the OP's question...I would go with pipes first since you probably don't have to tweak your fuel management to run them. Once you go with a high flow intake, you have to make some sort of adjustment to your air/fuel mixture and there just seems to be way too many different opinions out there on what is best.

Old 08-08-2010, 01:43 PM
colonelangus1
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CuriousOrange
The modification bug got me good .... I told my gf that I'm done ... but I think maybe one more thing before winter.

Love the RSD filters, especially the new turbine one; or should I swallow hard and get the V&H black staggered's that I know I will end up with some day.

This bike is cleaning me out ....
do exhaust first as everyone has said its the way to go

Old 08-08-2010, 02:24 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

+ 1 On Exhaust I like the Reinharts Cross backs and I am going back to the round A/C

Attached Thumbnails Cross Bones - what next exhaust or air filter?-x-bones-reinhart-exhust-006.jpg   Cross Bones - what next exhaust or air filter?-x-bones-reinhart-exhust-007.jpg  
Old 08-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Crossb0nes
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
+ 1 On Exhaust I like the Reinharts Cross backs and I am going back to the round A/C
Off topic I know, PRrdglide where you get your sissy bar pad? The sissy and passenger pad look like HD?

Old 08-08-2010, 07:41 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Sissy bar pad

Originally Posted by CuriousOrange
Off topic I know, PRrdglide where you get your sissy bar pad? The sissy and passenger pad look like HD?
The sissy bar is from Harley the pad was made in Napels Fl from a Co. Called A.S.S. (Had the Stock pad made longer.)

Old 08-09-2010, 06:07 AM
Raiderse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PRrdglide
Where did you get the Sissybar pad for your Sissy Bar. Never saw one that high. Who makes it?
Thanks is advance.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:09 AM
Geo1976
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just save till the spring and do all 3, i have the BSS, and an RSD filter with VH FP. I couldn't believe the difference.

Old 08-09-2010, 09:49 AM
Cheesecake
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Since you already have modified the intake.... I would move on the exhaust...
Don't you have some crazy valve in the exhaust also?

CC

Quick Reply: Cross Bones - what next exhaust or air filter?