Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Do Forward Controls belong on a Fatboy
Yes, adds character
35.26%
No, takes away from classic FLSTF
37.18%
Don't care
27.56%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 09:58 AM
06flstf
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy

Still thinking about putting Forwards on my '06 Fatboy. Thought we would have some fun with whether or not Forward controls belong on a Fatboy. Do they significantly take away from the heritage of the FLSTF.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:04 AM
jed1069
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I bought my bike I swore footboards first thing to go until I rode it. Now I can't even imagine riding without them.

Old 08-12-2010, 10:29 AM
BamBamm
Intermediate

What ever you like is what belongs on there.

Old 08-12-2010, 12:29 PM
jbg
Road Warrior

I agree with BamBamm...it's your bike. Do whatever you like. But then again...I also agree with 06...ride with the boards a while and I doubt you'll be sorry. They're much nicer than the pegs. I went from my Sporty to a Deluxe and Fat Boy Lo and I'm much happier with the boards now.

Old 08-12-2010, 02:42 PM
Beachman
Advanced

I did the same thing. One of the first mods I did was to install forward controls. I went back to the floor boards within 2 months. A lot more confortable.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:06 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

They make them for Fatboys...

They look bitchin' on bikes taken into certain directions (styles) and the become sort of a must when you have long legs and you're looking for extra comfort.

Mimo.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:57 PM
DocJ
Road Master

As previously stated, it is your bike. I have to admit the same as a couple other posters in that I thought switching to pegs would be a first mod when I switched over to my bones. After riding with the boards 2 weeks, I decided I couldn't live without them! I love the boards. If you've already ridden with boards and have come to the conclusion that you need to stretch out more, pegs would definitely be the way to go. I have met some people that just flat do not like boards. That's fine with me. No skin off my back.

Personally, I think it would take away from the "classic" look of the FatBoy, but it would also add character in that so few people actually do this. If you're planning on a bunch of mods, pegs do tend to look more at home when the bike is lowered...er, slammed. Raking out the front fork is a somewhat costly investment, but also adds character with the pegs. Basically, pegs look best on low and long machines.

Again, it is still YOUR bike, so do what YOU want. This isn't a fashion contest. You just have to make the bike uniquely yours. The way YOU want it to be. Don't care what anyone else thinks. However, we would warn you if this would be overly dorky, which it wouldn't.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
BLKnCHRME09Deluxe
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

One of my buddies has a Fatboy (or atleast i think its a Fatboy) and he has forward controls. It actually looks cool like that. I do know when we are all riden together the guys with the forward controls can hang corners better than guys with boards...because our boards all scrape/spark around corners.

Last edited by BLKnCHRME09Deluxe; 08-12-2010 at 04:21 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:33 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 06flstf
Still thinking about putting Forwards on my '06 Fatboy. Thought we would have some fun with whether or not Forward controls belong on a Fatboy. Do they significantly take away from the heritage of the FLSTF.
Voted that I didn't care. Your bike, you do what you want to it. But if you were to ask me if I planned on putting forward controls on my bike, I'd tell you hell no...

Old 08-12-2010, 05:09 PM
08fattoy
Cruiser

I love mine. Couldn't get used to the floorboard.

Quick Reply: Poll: do forward controls belong on a Fatboy