Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klock Werks Flare 18" Windshield?

Old 12-11-2010, 11:56 AM
Mathis
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Klock Werks Flare 18" Windshield?

Does anyone have any experience with the Klock Werks Flare 18" Billboard Windshield? I'm thinking about trying one one my 2010 Heritage.

TIA

Old 12-11-2010, 01:06 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dunno . If you are looking for a quick detach windshield I have a 100th anv HD one with all brackets in mint condition . If you are anyone is interested PM me for pics . It came on my 04 softail and will fit tons . 200 bucks shipped . Prob half the cost of the klockworks . I hate stuff laying around not getting used , so if I can make someones day so be it . I wish I could post in the for sale section but still to green I guess .

Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM
Mathis
Tourer

Thanks for the sales pitch, but I have a stock windshield.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:10 PM
ramhunter9
Road Warrior

Hey consider it a bump for your cause brother

Old 01-13-2011, 12:58 PM
doyvid
Novice
Default Waiting on mine!

I just ordered one for my 2009. I was looking at the new American Iron magazine the other night and came across their ad - wow. Started doing some quick research, and pulled the trigger. It should be in today or tomorrow. I am very exctited, everything I have read has been very positive. Klock Werks has a good video about them on YouTube. I got mine on e-bay for $194.00 - brand new light tint. As soon as I get a chance to ride, I will post, but since it is 17 deg. out with snow on the ground it might be awhile (no matter how well they say it moves the wind from your paws, 17 deg is too damn cold).

Old 01-13-2011, 01:22 PM
VA_Grumpy_Biker
Cruiser

Been waiting for them to come out for the Standard for a number of months. Now waiting to save up some $$$$ Thanks to doyvid for the link to YouTube. Will check it out.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:23 PM
conroskie
Road Master

I'd like to here more about this. Post a review when it warms up!!!

Old 01-14-2011, 10:43 PM
doyvid
Novice
Default Hey...that thing is pretty BIG!

Well, I got it. Not sure how I feel about it yet. Everything that I read said that it was 18" tall. The one I got is actually 20" tall, and it looks f'ing huge. My stock shield is 18" H x 23 maybe 24" wide (Klock Werks is 20" H x 25" W). A couple of inches doesn't sound like a lot, but it looks HUGE! It also sits up off the headlight a little bit higher which makes it even worse. I don't think that I can even see over it. I was in the garage because it is cold as hell out, so I couldn't look very far, but it seems to be right in my line of sight. I sent Klock Werks an e-mail to determine if I got the correct shield, so I will let you know if I hear back. Since I can't ride it yet, I will keep it on and cover the bike back up until I can take it for a spin and make my final determination. For now, I think it looks like a Tall Ship has docked in my garage. Here are a couple of shots, see what you think.

Attached Thumbnails Klock Werks Flare 18" Windshield?-img_1033.jpg   Klock Werks Flare 18" Windshield?-img_1034.jpg  
Old 01-16-2011, 12:12 AM
Mathis
Tourer

Originally Posted by doyvid
It also sits up off the headlight a little bit higher which makes it even worse. I don't think that I can even see over it.
How tall are you?

Old 01-16-2011, 10:34 PM
doyvid
Novice

6'. I have short legs though I have a 30" inseam, so I am pretty tall from the waist up. Like I said, I have not tried it out, or looked very far ahead. It is starting to grow on me thogh. I am not a fan of the way shields look anyway, so bigger is worse in my mind. I do like the light tint color on my black bike, and the shape is a little more appealing then the stock. The real proof will be in the ride. It sounds like it really makes a difference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Klock Werks Flare 18" Windshield?