Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V & H Pipes, Fuel Pak, Air Intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 07:33 PM
arcticrider
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V & H Pipes, Fuel Pak, Air Intake

OK, I am ready to upgrade my stock pipes for my 2011 Softail Heritage, but I have a few questions. Is it too difficult to replace these items myself or should I have them installed at the nearest HD.

Next question is about the fuel pak, After talking to HD about the fuel pak they told me I should go with the fuel tuner package they have which is more costly. They said I would have problems with the V&H fuel Pak..
So I am looking for some good answers from others who have replaced these item or sugestions.

The pipes I am looking to buy are the staggered big shots, Fuel pak and naked air intake. All are from V&H......any help is appreciated.

Old 12-16-2010, 08:07 PM
kozy22
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

When I bought my bike, I did a stage 1 and the H-D dealer put in the V&H fuel pak (I didn't specify what fuel pak to put in)
I also have V&H short shots.

Haven't had a problem yet, but it hasn't been a year yet

Putting the fuel pak in should take you about 5 min

Old 12-16-2010, 10:23 PM
skarcher
Novice

I've got the staggered big shots with the fuel pak & SE aircleaner. Runs perfect with great power. Big advantage to the fuel pak is you can set it up yourself using data from V&H and is very easy to do.
Harry

Old 12-16-2010, 10:28 PM
WarriorHD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've had my Fuel Pak for a few years now. No problems whatsoever. My experience with V&H has been nothing but good and they make some quality products from what I can see. Also running V&H pipes and I like them a lot. Fuel Pak is a cost effective way to do the standard Stage 1 upgrades.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:15 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

As far as the Fuelpak, it really depends on what you plan on doing to your bike in the future. If you are going to add cams, or build your engine in the future the Fuelpak might not be a good choice. I didn't plan on doing any of this when i got my bike, but here I am 5 years later having done it all.

The install of exhaust , air cleaner and a tuner is not very difficult, but it all depends on what you are willing to tackle and how confident you are with your mechanical abilities. I'd say you can do it, but I don't really know your skills. The only way to learn is to do it.

I can get you all the stuff at discounted forum pricing as well. PM or email me at DREW@DRVTWIN.COM for pricing.

thanks!

Drew

Old 12-17-2010, 01:09 PM
heatstroke
Advanced

I run a stage 1 setup from v&h no problems easy to stall, no plans for motor upgrade.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
TCannon22
Tourer

For what it's worth, when I had my fuelpak, V&H told me that no matter what I did to the engine, I could contact them and they would put together a custom list of fuelpak settings to match whatever build I went with. I have no personal experience with this, but that's what they said.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:45 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 814 Likes on 800 Posts

Heres a really good article I found 3yrs ago that explains a lot on F/M systems....

U'll know a lot more and understand them better after reading it....

http://www.hdtalking.com/diagnostics...mparisons.html

Old 12-17-2010, 07:00 PM
billfitt
Cruiser

Add to the chorus here. I added the fuel pak had no problems at all. The install was pretty easy and only took a few hours at most to do it all, exh, fuel-pak and air cleaner.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:23 PM
arcticrider
Intermediate

Thanks for all of the replies concerning my questions.......I have decided to purchase the staggered big shots (V&H), VO 2 Intake Naked(V&H) and the Fuel Pak(V&H). Now I just need to figure out where I can purchase these with the best price possible. Also wondering if it possible to view a video of the installs. I plan on doing these installs myself.

Quick Reply: V & H Pipes, Fuel Pak, Air Intake