Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-D quick release Sissybar and saddlebag brackets?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2011, 01:16 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default H-D quick release Sissybar and saddlebag brackets?

I don't have my bike in the garage to go look at and try to figure this out on my own, so I thought I'd pose the question on here.

I have the HD quick release sissybar on my bike and was wondering if I can still mount removable saddlebag brackets. I don't plan on leaving them on all the time, just when I'm going on longer rides, and would like to keep the sissybar on to tie down my roll bag, etc. to.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:45 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, my sissybar and and saddlebags are both detachable. I said the same thing about my bags, but I hardly ever take them of. Probably cause I'm lazy.

Old 01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
Yes, my sissybar and and saddlebags are both detachable. I said the same thing about my bags, but I hardly ever take them of. Probably cause I'm lazy.
Thanks, which brackets are you using?

Old 01-02-2011, 02:03 PM
dortiz
Road Captain

Ack, dont get me started.... The answer is yes. I am working on that now on another thread.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
Qdraw
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Here is how the "double mount" is fashioned on my bike. Works like a chance with the Bar and the Bags mounted at the some time. These and the light relocation kits were done the night before Sturgis 2010. Worked great.

Attached Thumbnails H-D quick release Sissybar and saddlebag brackets?-img_0142.jpg  

Last edited by Qdraw; 01-02-2011 at 06:53 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

Harley hardware. If I remember right, the bags come with both detachable and hard mount stuff. The detachable sissy bar side plates and and detachable hardware are separate. You just stack one on the other and one bolt holds both on. 2 sets for each side. You will also need to relocate blinkers. Harley has a kit for that, its simple to do. Just another $40 if I remember right. They just move the blinkers backward about an 1" to make room for the bags.

Old 01-02-2011, 06:55 PM
Qdraw
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
Harley hardware. If I remember right, the bags come with both detachable and hard mount stuff. The detachable sissy bar side plates and and detachable hardware are separate. You just stack one on the other and one bolt holds both on. 2 sets for each side. You will also need to relocate blinkers. Harley has a kit for that, its simple to do. Just another $40 if I remember right. They just move the blinkers backward about an 1" to make room for the bags.
Yep exactly what I did also. I did have to buy my detachable harddware seperateley though...nothing included with the bags... I swear man, they will nickle and dime you to death.

Old 01-02-2011, 07:17 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

Perfect, I already have the single quick detach brackets, so I just need to swap them out for the doubles whenever I get around to getting my bags. Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Old 01-02-2011, 08:30 PM
08Fatty
Tourer

No, its a separate kit. I don't think the same kit either. Like Qdraw said, they will nickle and dime you to death.

Old 01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
Vic Bronco
Road Captain

It's a kit for double mounts, right? I don't need to get a different set of sideplates for my sissybar, just the stuff that actually screws into my fender rail?

Anyone have the part # of exactly what I need so I can look it up and get a better idea of what we're talking about?

Also, does this mounting set up restrict me to only using HD branded bags, or can I go with other brands and still use these mounts? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's less than stoked to be paying MoCo prices for stuff they produced for less than 10% of MSRP in China.

Quick Reply: H-D quick release Sissybar and saddlebag brackets?