Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Photoshop fender extended 8" on my Lo, OPINIONS?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 04:57 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 87 Posts

Looks friggin' SICK! I say go for it and keep the flare. I want to do the same thing, but I'm a little squeamish as to whether I'd be able to get someone to match the paint to tank and front fender.

Story-
What did you do for the tail light? Did you integrate it with your turn signals? If so, how did you do that? You have the sweetest-looking Train on this forum, bro.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:16 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by story808
^ true story...

Harley messed up by shorting it to show off the 200 tire, strayed away from the trad fatby look IMO.

If you do end up doing it or have it done I would really think about have braces put in the longer you go the more it shake around.

Good suggestion, thanks bro! Sik Sled also

Old 01-08-2011, 07:19 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown
Looks friggin' SICK! I say go for it and keep the flare. I want to do the same thing, but I'm a little squeamish as to whether I'd be able to get someone to match the paint to tank and front fender.

Story-
What did you do for the tail light? Did you integrate it with your turn signals? If so, how did you do that? You have the sweetest-looking Train on this forum, bro.
My first issue is hoping I find someone that can make my fenders locally and the second is hoping they don't try to get rich makin em.

Old 01-08-2011, 07:25 PM
Adammit
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it too.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:11 AM
89 TA
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats gonna be a sweet ride!

Old 01-09-2011, 03:39 AM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by HoggyMtnBreakdown

Story-

Thanks, but some killer rides all over this forum. And yes my brake, run and turn all in the turn signal housing... I used Dogeyes but mine is a older model but same setup... Mine everything is hardwired... First I tried just a rund turn brake module but the differrence between the run and brake wasn't good enough for me...

http://www.radiantz.com/index1.html?c14.html&1

Running

Brake

Amber ring around the red for turns...i ride in the frontof our group and all the
riders behind me say they can see the turn sig without any probs.

Last edited by story808; 01-09-2011 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:34 AM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

THE HOMIE DOING MINE EXTENDED THIS ONE (IT WAS THE FIRST ONE HE DID) HES MAKING MY FENDER NAKED NO HOLES NO MOUNTS FOR THE TAIL LIGHTS. HE WILL EXTEND YOURS JUST SEND HIM YOUR TINS HES TRYING TO GET SOME BIZ GOING HE WANTS TO BUY A BIKE HAHAHA

Old 01-09-2011, 10:25 AM
Willie D
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JIMSFBL
lol, I showed my wife and she turned around and walked off, saying here we go again. Ok, I respect your opionion so shoot me down if you disagree, but I was thinking dropping the front fender also. Not sure what to do with the front part over tire. I saw a pic somewhere on here with a front fender on a Lo similar to what I'm thinking.
Here is mine !

www.nativecustombaggers.com

Tell Paul I sent you ! He does a great job. the fender arrives ready to paint w/rivits gorund off and lowered. . . .

Old 01-09-2011, 10:45 AM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

I like the PS'd rear fender and it looks great as-is. When I look at the front fender and compare it to the rear, I see a lack of symmetry between both. IMO try adding (via PS) 1-2" of length and flare to the bottom/rear of the front fender. In your picture, the front fender appears longer in the front (ahead of the tubes) than the bottom/rear. Lengthening the back part would make it somewhat symmetrical with the rear fender. Hope that all makes sense.

Last edited by Whiskers; 01-09-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:07 AM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Whiskers
I like the PS'd rear fender and it looks great as-is. When I look at the front fender and compare it to the rear, I see a lack of symmetry between both. IMO try adding (via PS) 1-2" of length and flare to the bottom/rear of the front fender. In your picture, the front fender appears longer in the front (ahead of the tubes) than the bottom/rear. Lengthening the back part would make it somewhat symmetrical with the rear fender. Hope that all makes sense.
Yes, that makes sence! Thanks man! BOBBEREVO88 is outta pocket right now, he's the one thats been helping me with the PS. We'll see what he comes up with and go from there. Thanks again, good advise

Quick Reply: Photoshop fender extended 8" on my Lo, OPINIONS?