Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Seat cover

I bought a 2nd stock seat for my Deluxe so that I could get it re-worked and still have my stock seat and backrest for if and when I want to change back and forth. I will use the the 2nd re-worked seat for around town riding, watering hole jumping and just the average day out and then use the one with the back rest for the long haul or day or weekend road trips. I want to get the 2nd seat done in black and white to match the bike. My question is what is the best material to use to do that with? Is it leather, vinyl, what? My major concern is that the white have the ability to be kept clean and bone white all the time. I am more concerned with that over wear or other issues. Also the stitching, how do others keep that clean like from when dirt gets down into the stitching and the ability to keep it clean. My hope is to have that done before I take it out in the spring but I am way over budget so we will have to wait and see. I also want to have a little taken off the top for a lower profile and to use gel insert's. I am going to get the rear smaller seat done to match too. Input and pictures appreciated, BIG TIME too.