Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sundowner Seat for Softail Deluxe?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 10:43 AM
arthur
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Sundowner Seat for Softail Deluxe?

Anybody try this "Sundowner? Seat for Softail? Deluxe Models; 51841-06" yet? I'm thinking of possibly this or a Corbin solo for Deluxe. Not sure about the bib on the Corbin and have seen the Classic Solo on a deluxe too, but not sure how much mods needed to be done.

Really looking for some back support on longer rides and pushing back about an inch.

Thanks

Old 10-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Fatbernie
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Sundowner Seat for Softail Deluxe?

I bought, brought home and installed, test rode, uninstalled and returned a sundowner seat for my fatboy all in a 24 hour period. I didn't like it. It was worse than the stock fatboy seat for me. However, I'm sure that I'll be the only one with this report. The seat is supposed to be really nice, confortable, and good support without a lot of butt pain. I found just the opposite.
BA

Old 10-06-2006, 05:38 PM
softail2005
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I added the sundowner seat to my 05 Deluxe and it was the best thing I ever did for myself. I would get a sore tailbone with the stock seat and could not ride for more than a couple of hours without a very sore rear.

The Sundowner has a high back for tailbone support, it also keeps you in position so you don't slide back under acceleration and forward under hard braking. The front tongue of the seat allows you to stand at a stop without your legs rubbing the seat sides.

I do think it is a better seat for short riders. I am 5'6" and it allows me to ride a lot further than with the stock seat. It doesn't look as cool as the stock seat but then any of the two up seats don't have that racy hot bike look.

For the price its a heck of a deal, its half the price of a Mustang or Corbin, so if it works for you you can save a few bucks.

Old 10-06-2006, 05:59 PM
Babs
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considered the sundowner but went with a mustang, from lots of positive feedback from some other guys here.. Very glad I did.
Not too thick, excellent build quality, super comfortable. See in my gallery.

Old 10-07-2006, 01:14 AM
imboden
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 94 Likes on 57 Posts

got a sundowner on my nightrain, and I love it.

Old 10-07-2006, 09:56 AM
arthur
Road Master

I look the look of the Sundowner and have heard how comfortable it is on regular bikes. Just a little concerned at 5'10 and sitting on the edge of the stock seat that the stock Sundowner might be a similar problem.

Old 10-08-2006, 10:13 AM
jimb
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a LePera bare bones on my nighttrain.I actually slid back a little in the seat.I then bought a Sundowner for the rare occasion my wife rides with me and I feel like I'm on the handlebars when I ride with it on.It's great for her though.Name:  IMG_0012.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  26.7 KB

Old 10-10-2006, 12:15 PM
arthur
Road Master

Yeah, exactly what I am worried about. Might swing over to Corbin and see what I can do there. Would love to get one with the back rest for the tours.

ORIGINAL: jimb

I have a LePera bare bones on my nighttrain.I actually slid back a little in the seat.I then bought a Sundowner for the rare occasion my wife rides with me and I feel like I'm on the handlebars when I ride with it on.It's great for her though.