Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Which would you choose?
The Black Lift
16.85%
The Yellow Lift
20.22%
Neither, they're both trash!
62.92%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2011, 05:38 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"

Hey Folks, I'd like your opinions here. I can get either of these lifts for about $200.00. I realize there are Pros & Con's of either but I'd like to hear your thoughts on which you might choose. I've also included specs on each. I'm not at all interested in spending more than $200.00 on a lift, being that I'd rather spend the $$$ on MC parts and my budget is limited. If I don't go with one of these I'll probably just get a cheapo from Sears or Harbor Freight.

Thanks for your input

The Black lift:
  • This foot pedal operated hydraulic motorcycle lift stands are the perfect solution for the biker who does not have compressed air in his shop or garage. Lift up to 1000lb. Motorcycle simply by operating the hydraulic lift pedal. Includes rear drop panel and rubber padded wheel vice.
  • This motorcycle lift table is high quality, hydraulic operated lift being offered now at this great introductory price. This lift will accommodate almost any motorcycle on the market up to 1000lb capacity without the need for a air compressor. These hydraulic motorcycle lift stands will raise your motorcycle for service, maintenance, cleaning or bike shows by the simply pumping on the lift pedal.
  • These hydraulic motorcycle lift stands have an operating height from 10"(205mm) to 31"(780mm) high. The platform is 83" long by 13-1/2" wide and it includes a 24" long loading ramp which brings the total length of the motorcycle lift to 107 inches. All TMS motorcycle lifts come standard with an oversize front tire wheel clamp and rear drop out panel for servicing the rear tire. This hydraulic motorcycle lift stand has front and rear wheels allowing the lift and your motorcycle to be moved around the shop or slid into the corner of your garage for storage during the off season keeping the bike off the damp pavement. The TMS hydraulic motorcycle lift has a powder coated glossy finish with a diamond plate design traction surface for superior traction when loading and unloading your bike.Some other features include a front wheel clamp with a rubberized contact surface, a removable safety locking bar, attached tie down loops and lock down screws to prevent movement of the lift.
Features:
  • No air compressor needed
  • Hydraulic foot pedal allows a hands free operation without bending over
  • Deluxe hydraulic ram will easily lift motorcycles up to 1000 lbs
  • Motorcycle lift includes an oversize front tire clamp for extra security
  • Includes 24" long removable rear loading ramp
  • Rubber wheels makes it easy to roll lift around the shop
  • Rear drop out panel for service to rear tire, sprockets or drive shaft
  • 13-1/2" x 19-1/2" rear tire drop panel is standard with TMS motorcycle lift units
  • Powder coated glossy black finish with built in checker diamond plate design for traction
  • 11 gauge steel construction
  • One year warranty

The Yellow lift:
  • Multi Purpose SPEED Lift - ATV, Motorcycle (Bike)
  • Capacity: 1,000lb
  • Lift Range: 3-3/8 to 30-3/4" Heights (85~780mm)
  • Including 3 Ton Bottle Jack
  • Assembling Required

EDIT: I didn't actually go with either of the above lifts. I went with the Harbor Freight lift pictured below, for the sale price of $143.99. Quite the bargain!

Last edited by PanHeadRich; 03-05-2011 at 11:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2011, 05:59 PM
KeeBee
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went with this lift from Harbor Freight. After Drew from Dr. V-Twin recommended getting this lift.

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html

Mine should be here Monday they had a 20% off Presidents day sale got it for 159.99.

Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
fcsallan
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No offense to anyone here but I wouldn't trust my bike on either of them for more than a few inches above the ground. The Sears Pro jack (yellow) is OK, but a pain in the **** to get a good balance. I would save my money and do it right the first time.
http://www.jsjacks.com/index.php/mot...tand-jas-jacks

Old 02-24-2011, 06:11 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

There's no way in hell I'd put a bike on that black one. Spend just a few bucks more and get the HF 1,000 lb table lift. You can thank me later......

Old 02-24-2011, 06:38 PM
RHillbilly
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

you can get a harbour freight lift table for $279 if you find a coupon best 279 I have spent

Old 02-24-2011, 07:55 PM
cuda67bnl
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
you can get a harbour freight lift table for $279 if you find a coupon best 279 I have spent
I've got a coupon if anyone needs it.

Old 02-24-2011, 08:07 PM
02ULTRA
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The black one looks awful narrow, I don't think I would want to balance any of my bikes on that.

I just bought the HF $279 lift, put the $59 wheel chock on it and it works great!

Old 02-24-2011, 08:33 PM
OlGrampy
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In my humble opinion, first is this for a commercial or home garage? If for home, I would just build a platform and put it on cinder blocks. Use your ramp to get it on and off. Really isn't it about not sitting on the floor or a roller mechanics seat to work. Just like other things it's my old school opinion.

Old 02-24-2011, 09:55 PM
PanHeadRich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by KeeBee
I went with this lift from Harbor Freight. After Drew from Dr. V-Twin recommended getting this lift.

http://www.harborfreight.com/high-po...ift-99887.html

Mine should be here Monday they had a 20% off Presidents day sale got it for 159.99.
That does look tempting. Looks better built than the yellow lift I was looking at, and a great price as well. They're still offering the 20%. Thanks for posting that link.

Originally Posted by cuda67bnl
There's no way in hell I'd put a bike on that black one. Spend just a few bucks more and get the HF 1,000 lb table lift. You can thank me later......
I do appreciate your input, but that's twice as much as my budget allows ... after the 20% discount.

Originally Posted by RHillbilly
I can't find the lift you mentioned. Is $279.00 the sale price or regular price?

Originally Posted by 02ULTRA
The black one looks awful narrow, I don't think I would want to balance any of my bikes on that.

My thoughts as well. Looks like you could knock over the bike and lift pretty easy.

I just bought the HF $279 lift, put the $59 wheel chock on it and it works great!
I'm still looking for it ....

Originally Posted by OlGrampy
In my humble opinion, first is this for a commercial or home garage? If for home, I would just build a platform and put it on cinder blocks. Use your ramp to get it on and off. Really isn't it about not sitting on the floor or a roller mechanics seat to work. Just like other things it's my old school opinion.
I'll use it in my hangar/shop for just my bikes. I want to be able to lift my bikes off the ground by myself with minimal effort. I'd like to be able lift the wheels off surfaces as well. It will only be used occasionally and I wouldn't leave my bike stored on it while sitting 2.5' off the ground.

Old 02-24-2011, 11:40 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

The black lift is affordable because it's a piece of crap and dangerous, it's to narrow and light wieght.

The yellow one would work but not practical. If your gonna get a jack get a sears or similar. They are right at about $100 and a great jack. I've had mine for 5 yrs and use it at least twice a month for both my bikes.

Sorry that picture is not great, but you get the idea. Good luck with whatever you do and be safe bro.

I have been saving for a lift, but a well built one and wide to where there is no doubt about stabilization and my $100 jack gets me by in the mean time.

As far as blocks with a ramp. Really?

Last edited by JIMSFBL; 02-24-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle lift table jack stand "POLL"