Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on an expensive custom for sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 02:09 PM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I can't seem to be able to find the bike everyone is talking about. With that said I stopped telling people how much $ is in my bike. I have heard anything from impossible, why or bullshit! It does not take long for it to add up.

That number is allot of labor too because I don't have the know how, the tools or the time to do it all myself. Will I ever get that out of this bike? 1, no, never but 2, I never plan on selling it. This is the bike I am taking into retirement so there will be no more bikes for me unless it is a 2nd bike. This bike gets handed down to my son when I die then on to my Grandson when he is of age.

Why did I do this? 1, I have waited a lifetime for this bike and to be able to do what I have done to it and what was on and in it when I bought it. I have lost every previous bike to unemployment, divorce or kids. The kids thing I didn't mind whatsoever, the rest? A tough pill to swallow. All that is left on this bike that is stock is the frame, tins, cases and wheels.

Every single thing else on this bike has been modified, changed, exchanged, worked, reworked, chromed, built, added or removed. I don't care what anyone else thinks or says about it either. The only thing left to do on my bike is to switch out the tins, stretched those 2 new or used fenders and paint. That was supposed to be this past winters mod but the bike has turned out so nice in the black and white that I wasn't able to bring myself to do it. Maybe one day down the road.

Do what you want to do, spend what you want to spend and buy what you want to buy, it's your money. I don't care what others think but it must not be to bad because this bike usually gets everyone's attention from the time I pull into a place until I leave. Last year I pulled into a river bar and there was probably 100 bikes there. There were 3 guys there all with those custom baggers. I didn't want to steal their thunder so I pulled in and parked on the other end of the lot and within 20 minutes everyone was standing down around my bike and asking questions and their cell phones out taking pictures. Those 3 guys got on their custom baggers got up and left.

Last edited by tbonetony06; 05-31-2014 at 02:12 PM.