Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Module bad?

Old 03-21-2011, 06:50 PM
story808
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Toby I would get one of those cheapy light tester and start at the wiring to the bulb checking the wires hunting for power all the way up to the switches before you start buying stuff.

Old 06-18-2012, 03:18 PM
suiii15
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WARG what was your fix for this? Mine is doing same thing, not bulbs or connections, it's somethign far more complicated. I threw another TSM on the bike and it did the same thing. I am 100% stumped on this.

Old 06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
suiii15
Road Captain

Anyone have any intel on this?

Old 06-18-2012, 07:23 PM
suiii15
Road Captain

Really hoping someones got some ideas.

Old 06-19-2012, 01:50 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 813 Likes on 799 Posts

has my turn/brake/run module go bad,,

dealer replaced it for free..

Old 06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
MR.D.G
2nd Gear

i have the same problem on 96 FXSTSB badboy.

i got a new module $120 bucks the one in between the tanks. and still have the same problem!!!!!!!! f*&^% been at this for a few days now. i traced all the wires and not a dang thing. Right side works good. no broken wires i even swapped the leads just to make shure the left side work and it did just not getting the not getting signal back out of that box to the lights WTF!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!

Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
WARG
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine ended up being a loose wire in the front left turn signal. I spent hours searching and found nothing. The dealer found it in an hour and allowed me to return the new TSM I bought from them. I have since replaced my front signals with a light bar and have had no more issues.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:58 AM
rlowride
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Unplug it and plug the factory connections back in... I have had 2 go bad...
Y'all doing all this work....
Take it out of the loop... Then you will know...
I'm talking about the run/stop/turn module
That's added in to make the rear signals come on for other than just left or right turning.
Those things cost. 49.99 or so...,
Put it on yourself! Tajes 3 1/2 seconds, no tools...
Well maybe a quarter to undo your seat bolt...

Old 09-30-2018, 02:10 PM
poppyterry61@yahoo.com
Stage I

Originally Posted by WARG
Anyone had a turn signal module go bad? If so, what were the signs and how did you diagnose it? My symptoms are front and rear left signals don't work, but front left running light works. Left signal indicator on speedo does not work. When turning ignition on, the right speedo indicator blinks about 4 or 5 times. All right signals work fine.
check the filaments in both light bulbs does the rear light up and not flash or not light up at all mine just starred and its my module

Old 10-02-2018, 01:49 PM
hattitude
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,369 Likes on 3,999 Posts

Originally Posted by suiii15
WARG what was your fix for this? Mine is doing same thing, not bulbs or connections, it's somethign far more complicated. I threw another TSM on the bike and it did the same thing. I am 100% stumped on this.

How do you know it's not bulbs or connections....? The OP thought all his connections were good, too. It's always best to do a systematic check of the system, with a voltmeter, before throwing parts at it. As you have found out, throwing parts at a problem can get expensive.

If you don't want to go to a dealer or independent, this might be a good time to get the electronic diagnostic manual for your bike model/year... Whenever I get a bike, I always buy the HD Service Manual, Parts Manual (the exploded diagrams help me a lot), and the Electronic Diagnostic Manual for that bike. Admittedly, I use the electronic diagnostic manual the least, but it's worth it's weight in gold when I need it! If you have, or you can check online, the Owner's Manual for your bike, almost all the way to the back, it will list the part numbers for the manuals that correspond to your bike. You can usually find then new/used on eBay, but I've had good luck with even some of the older manuals, buying them from the online HD parts sellers.... a few times I've gotten older, new manuals cheaper from online HD parts vendors, than the used ones listed on eBay.

Good luck with your trouble shooting/ repair....

Last edited by hattitude; 10-02-2018 at 01:51 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn Signal Module bad?