Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 or Carlini apes

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 08:20 PM
Betros
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Never had the Carlini's but I love my 16" Wild 1's.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:28 PM
Dissociative
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i was in debate over wild one vs evil apres.....actually went with santee ape bonaza at half the cost...hope they are nice.

Old 03-25-2011, 08:51 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Apes

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
I have to disagree on the pullback difference. They are not near the same. The wild 1's have much more pullback than the Carlini's.

Drew
Drew,

I am referring to the 1.25" bars. They are nearly the same on pullback. I checked on their individual websites both are in the 12" range. I double checked on my bikes and the pullbacks listed are true to the specs on the websites. However, the 1.5" bars have different specs all the way around according to the website. My comments are specific to 1.25" bars. SJ Ron

Old 03-25-2011, 08:56 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

And my comments are specific to the Fly In Apes -- the Gangster Apes have different specs.

Old 03-25-2011, 09:04 PM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member

Interesting footnote on Wild 1 Chubby's website regarding the 18" or 20" Physco Apes:

"Physco apes are for show bikes only. Not for use on street or highway."

Old 03-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Night Stalker
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I really digg the Wild 1's... but I do like the look of the Carlini's. I would love to sit on a bike with Carlini's, and feel'em out. Let us know what you decide!

Old 03-25-2011, 10:09 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I run 18 inch gangster with Piston Risers, and Measured they are actually almost 20 inches.
But Im 6'6'' So if you decide on Carlini Risers, you will want to add 2 inches to the Height of the Bars. And the set screws on carlini's really hold the bars in place. Mine haven't moved in over a year. Love Carlini's

Old 03-26-2011, 04:19 AM
Gray_Drifter
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To me, you just can't beat the look of beefy 1.5" Carlini apes sitting on top of a chromed out FL front end. I went with the 14" Fly'in Apes and pistion risers on my 2004 Fatboy. I considered the Chubby's because I was a little reluctant to spend the extra bucks for the Carlini's, but in the end, I was really glad I went for it. The bars just look great. The fit and finish are excellent and little extras like the embedded stamped steel logo plate make the Carlini's look sick. If you're going to pay the extra bucks for Carlini's, definitely splurge and get the Carlini risers. Their risers have an extra set screw that helps keep the bars locked in place. I have had mine for over a year now and there's been absolutely no slippage what so ever. Best investment I ever made.

Here's a short clip of me on my Carlini equipped 2004 Faboy. I'm 6'2" and the 14" Fly'in apes are just slightly above shoulder height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxn8YzE-4Dc

The following users liked this post:
fdesa (07-18-2020)
Old 03-26-2011, 07:21 AM
Nicky Pass
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gray_Drifter
To me, you just can't beat the look of beefy 1.5" Carlini apes sitting on top of a chromed out FL front end. I went with the 14" Fly'in Apes and pistion risers on my 2004 Fatboy. I considered the Chubby's because I was a little reluctant to spend the extra bucks for the Carlini's, but in the end, I was really glad I went for it. The bars just look great. The fit and finish are excellent and little extras like the embedded stamped steel logo plate make the Carlini's look sick. If you're going to pay the extra bucks for Carlini's, definitely splurge and get the Carlini risers. Their risers have an extra set screw that helps keep the bars locked in place. I have had mine for over a year now and there's been absolutely no slippage what so ever. Best investment I ever made.

Here's a short clip of me on my Carlini equipped 2004 Faboy. I'm 6'2" and the 14" Fly'in apes are just slightly above shoulder height.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxn8YzE-4Dc
Your bike is what made my decision to go with the 14" Flyin' Apes!

Old 03-26-2011, 09:39 AM
Jesse_the_kid
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like you decided already, here's another opinion for you. I just completed installing a set of Wild 1's last night on my uncles RK. Good quality and fit, finish is good also. I have 14-inch Carlini Fly-in apes on RK. Really good quality, fit and finish is top notch on my Carlini's also. But looking at the bikes side by side, the Carlini's just look way better to me. You will love the Fly-in apes!

Quick Reply: Wild 1 or Carlini apes