Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2011, 03:20 PM
ardiver
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help

Hey folks,
I just got my samson true duals in yesterday, got through everything pretty well in the instructions until it came to the "mount the muffler mounts in the stock positions". Now while I understand the right side, though it looks like those two bolts will have to be replaced with longer ones, I'm a little sketchy as to the following:
1) left side, where is this "stock location" exactly? I can find two little plastic filler plugs on this side that correspond to the right side where there were two bolts but the holes these plugs are in don't look like they big enough for the bolts that came with the system. Is this the right place? Does anyone have any good pictures of these brackets mounted?
2) Right side, where there are already bolts. Do I replace these bolts with the ones in the kit? if I remove that plate that sandwhiches the head of these bolts, I'm not going to release something that will cause the rear end to need to be "readjusted" or anything like that am I?
Thanks in advance,for any help you can provide.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:28 PM
SMF
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea its those plugs take em out and the bolts will fit if you ordered the right pipes for your year bike bro.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:43 PM
ardiver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BOBBEREVO88
Yea its those plugs take em out and the bolts will fit if you ordered the right pipes for your year bike bro.
Thanks! That gives me some hope at least. From what I could tell on the right side, when I removed the two nuts off the two existing bolts there the rest of that "panel", for a lack of a better description, there was only one more allen head bolt holding the panel on. Do I just remove that and swap the bolts out?

Old 04-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Hippiebeads
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the very lower rear of the frame on both sides you should have holes with black plastic plugs in them.Remove the plugs from both sides and those are the only holes you will be using to install the tailpipes.You do not use any factory hardware you removed.You only need the nuts,bolts,and washers supplied in the kit.I had to install the brackets on the tailpipes first to make the installation much easier.Dont forget to use a little high temp sealer where there the pipes connect together and keep everything loose until every part has been installed.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:52 PM
IceColdDeluxe
Cruiser

yes, remove the allen bolt and take off the stock muffler bracket and you'll be set.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:55 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Its been over a year since I installed my Samson Duals.When you say panel I assume its a bracket.That all comes off and you use the Samson brackets.You will have to relocate the Passenger pegs as well.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM
ardiver
Intermediate

Thanks for all the replies so far folks. It's more appreciated than you could know. 11:30 last night I finally gave up for the night. Samson's documentation leaves a little be desired in the examples and details area. If anyone has any more suggestions and/or pictures that would be awesome.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:56 PM
TheTroupe
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe you must remove the stock muffler mount from the right side and use the new muffler mount that came with the new system with two 3/8th bolts. You just pull the plastic plugs on the left side and attach the muffler mount there with the two other 3/8th bolts. That's how it worked on mine.

Old 04-27-2011, 03:58 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Let me go try to take some pics for you

Old 04-27-2011, 04:06 PM
Malingerer
Road Warrior

Well that figures camera battery is dead. Charging now.Im sure you will have it figured out by then.

Quick Reply: Samson True Duals s2-439 on 09 Deluxe Install Help