Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Tail and True Dual

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 09:14 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 46 Posts
Question Bagger Tail and True Dual

I bought a Bagger Tail kit and Road King saddlebags off two different forum members for my wife's '09 Deluxe. I'm looking to put True Duals on it to give it a symmetrical look from behind. My concern with True Duals is the rear cylinder pipe and the way it goes over the top of the Primary on the left side. I don't want to add any more heat to the underside of her legs. I was also looking at the V&H Long Shots, but not sure they will clear under the right side saddlebag and they won’t give that symmetrical look from the back I'd like to achieve. Any advice and info from those that have done the Bagger Tail with True Duals would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-03-2011, 09:41 AM
hspring03
Elite HDF Member
Received 52 Likes on 48 Posts

I have never noticed any additional heat from the crossover pipe on my duals.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:47 AM
Raddazzz
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nope no extra heat from the crossover pipe either. I do have to be more carefull at stops, my leg will touch it if im not paying attention.

Old 08-03-2011, 10:51 AM
The Q
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Raddazzz
Nope no extra heat from the crossover pipe either. I do have to be more carefull at stops, my leg will touch it if im not paying attention.
Burning her leg at stops was another concern I had. Glad to hear no heat related issues while moving.

Old 08-03-2011, 12:24 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

On my new set of samson baby cholo's the rear cylinder crossover pipe taht goes over teh primary is a bit different than it was on my older set. I avhe noticed taht when I put my foot down in a certain spot my pants and leg will touch the pipe.

On my older set of Samson true duals it was not an issue at all. It seems as if teh pipe has been raised a bit to accommodate space for passenger floorboards. I am 5'10" if that helps as well.

Drew

Old 08-03-2011, 12:34 PM
The Q
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by DR. V-TWIN
On my new set of samson baby cholo's the rear cylinder crossover pipe taht goes over teh primary is a bit different than it was on my older set. I avhe noticed taht when I put my foot down in a certain spot my pants and leg will touch the pipe.

On my older set of Samson true duals it was not an issue at all. It seems as if teh pipe has been raised a bit to accommodate space for passenger floorboards. I am 5'10" if that helps as well.

Drew
I looked at some pictures and saw that not all the True Duals are the same. Most seem to run straight across the top of the Primary, but I did see one set that seemed to raise a little in the center over the top of the Primary. Just got to make sure I get the right pipe for the wife, don't want her to get burnt.