Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flstsc exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 04:07 AM
FXDForbes
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flstsc exhaust question

I know I'm gonna be called stupid for asking this question, but the exhaust for a flstsc (Softail Springer Classic) is on left and right sides of the bike. If I get an aftermarket exhaust will I be left with an ugly looking gap where the exhaust goes under the seat, behind rear exhaust. And will there be exhaust brackets or anything ugly on the frame from where the left exhaust was?

Old 11-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Rakthi
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 79 Posts

Won't be that ugly once that exhaust pipe is gone. All engines and frames are basically the same. Wouldn't say that bikes with different exhaust layout have an ugly hole at the rear cylinder.

All the brackets for mounting the left part of the exhaust will come off. You can get some black plugs to cover up the bolt holes or just put the bolts back in and paint them black.

Old 11-08-2011, 03:29 PM
Skeezmachine
Stellar HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Like Rakthi says, if you take everything off then it will look no different than any other similar year softail that has a right-side-only exhaust. Harley doesn't design their bikes around the exhaust system so once you take it off, there should be nothing left to indicate what sort of pipes it had from the factory. Also, after market (as well as other types of OEM Harley pipes) are designed to use the same mounting points as the stock pipes do on a particular model of softail. So if you are going with a right-side-only exhaust, most of the holes left on your frame from removing the stock pipes might get re-used with the installation of the new set-up. Anything else can be plugged up with plastic plugs or some nice button head bolts.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:03 PM
FXDForbes
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cheers guys