Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Progressive 422's are now adjustable "On The Fly"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Although we were initially concerned (and even had a note on our site about it), we finally had a chance to fit a 422 RAP system to a 2012 Softail with ABS. No problems. That model was initially hard to get, so we erred on the side of caution.

So, the answer to #1 is yes.

We've considered the black option for the 422, but have not had enough demand to justify it as of yet. You guys tell us, if there is enough interest, we'll build it, but we hate building stuff just to populate our shelves.

Originally Posted by Jester750
Hey Progressive,

I got two questions for ya if you would be so kind to answer:

1.) Do you guys have any future plans on making a 422(RAP) shock for softails with ABS?

2.) Do you guys have any future plans on making the 422 series shocks in a powdercoated black color instead of all chrome?

Old 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not for nothing, but I have the original 422's in chrome on my VERY blacked-out Night Train and you REALLY have to look (pretty much get on your knees and look up underneath the bike) hard to even notice them.

Just my $.02.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:47 PM
JY Kelly
Supporter
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Not for nothing, but I have the original 422's in chrome on my VERY blacked-out Night Train and you REALLY have to look (pretty much get on your knees and look up underneath the bike) hard to even notice them.

Just my $.02.

Attached Thumbnails Progressive 422's are now adjustable "On The Fly"-422-s.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 04:42 AM
dcgray2
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
dcgray2,

You can not pivoted the banjo bolt it is a closed line and that will let air in to the line.
Right I got that from the email I received.

You have seen what I am trying to accomplish (clear my swing arm bag). It would be more helpful to tell me how to do that, than telling me I can't do something.

And telling me I can't do it, begs the question of whether you can for me if I special order it. It appears that if it was oriented 180* from where it is a stand-up configuration would work better.

THAT would be helpful!

Old 01-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Do you think you can run the line and RAP control to the right side of your bike? I would think it would work as long as you stay away from your exhaust.
OR
Is there any way you can mount your swing arm bag like Sgt. Jim did?
It looks like there would be plenty of room for the RAP controller behind the passenger peg this way.

Last edited by Jester750; 01-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:13 PM
dcgray2
Tourer

Originally Posted by Jester750
Do you think you can run the line and RAP control to the right side of your bike? I would think it would work as long as you stay away from your exhaust.
OR
Is there any way you can mount your swing arm bag like Sgt. Jim did?
It looks like there would be plenty of room for the RAP controller behind the passenger peg this way.

Thanks for the reply!

Great idea on the exhaust. I don't know the answer to that because I am switching to a D&D Lowcat and have no clue where it will end up in relation to right side peg.

There MIGHT be room for it with the swing-arm bag but I don't know how to figure that out with any dimensions, etc.

I think for now I am going to wait on ordering it until someone running a bag gets it installed and I can see some pics.

It will still be there to buy in a month or two!

Thanks again.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:15 AM
Jester750
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dcgray2
Thanks for the reply!

There MIGHT be room for it with the swing-arm bag but I don't know how to figure that out with any dimensions, etc.

I think for now I am going to wait on ordering it until someone running a bag gets it installed and I can see some pics.

It will still be there to buy in a month or two!

Thanks again.
Looks like it would fit to me.
Look how far it is from the tire.
Here's a pic from their online installation manual.

Progressive 422's are now adjustable "On The Fly"-422-rap-.jpg

If you're still not sure just send a PM to Sgt.Jim. I'm sure he would take a quick measurement and get back to you. He's a cool guy.

Old 01-28-2012, 12:49 AM
dcgray2
Tourer

I received a very useful reply from Progressive by PM that leads me to think I can make it work OK.

Still knee deep in engine upgrades, but if I am first to install with a bag I will post pics for everyone.

Thanks again to Progressive for coming through with the info.

Old 01-28-2012, 11:28 AM
Benway
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Good a place as any to ask, but how are ya'll getting TO your shocks to take them off. I've got mine up on the (harbor freight) jack now and with the jack in the way, there ain't no getting to the shocks...

Old 07-27-2012, 07:29 AM
donutsrd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

any real world reviews out there?thinkin about a set for my my 11 heritage,any input greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Progressive 422's are now adjustable "On The Fly"