Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   How do I know if my bike has Stage 1 download? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/753919-how-do-i-know-if-my-bike-has-stage-1-download.html)

Manobeer 04-09-2012 07:01 PM

How do I know if my bike has Stage 1 download?

2004 Heritage.
Purchased used

I recently got a Power commander and want to try out a few different maps, they vary for stock ecm and stage 1 ecm.

Is there a way for me to find out if this bike has the download installed?

I posted in the correct forum, 150 views later no replies... So I was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks

Blk and Chrome 04-09-2012 07:08 PM

hard to say, check to see where the rpm limiter is. If it has stage 1 it would be 6250 or 6500 rpm thats all stage 1 really does. Or take the bike out and see where itkicks in that would tell you. at 6500 then yes it does

Taddeoeg 04-09-2012 10:32 PM

Try the map for stock then try the map for stage 1. See which runs better and go from there.

The Fatboy I recently picked up had V&H straightshot slip ons and a Fuelpak. I replaced the pipes with some a bit quieter we pulled off my g/f's Fatboy a while back. No markings or other id so I've no idea what they are. Fuelpak tech suggested a starter map I plan to try out this weekend.

oct1949 04-10-2012 05:59 AM

Or call the Org owner, If U know what dealer the bike was taken to, U could also call them. They should be able to look at the past service records.

str8jacket 04-10-2012 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by oct1949 (Post 9645042)
If U know what dealer the bike was taken to, U could also call them. They should be able to look at the past service records.

If any work has been done at a Harley dealership, you don't need to know what dealership did the work. Any work that was done at any Harley dealership is on record and can be looked up at any dealership.

relxn88 04-10-2012 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Manobeer (Post 9643189)
2004 Heritage.
Purchased used

I recently got a Power commander and want to try out a few different maps, they vary for stock ecm and stage 1 ecm.

Is there a way for me to find out if this bike has the download installed?

I posted in the correct forum, 150 views later no replies... So I was hoping someone here could help.

Thanks

Once you put a map in the Power Commander, hit control-F and see if rev x-tend is enabled(or even available with the software in your PC), if it's enabled, unclick it. Then take your bike out and if it revs over 5500, you have a Harley download in your ecm and you can use the stage PC maps. If you have trouble getting over 5500, your ecm is stock. Re-install rev x-tend in the PC and you should be good to go on the stock ecm maps.

toxicstang99 04-10-2012 11:22 AM

My personal experience when I put my VnH fuel pack is I had to take it in. I tried to give them the bike info and they couldn't run it. Maybe they were idiots, but I had to take it in.