Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search

Old 05-21-2012, 04:31 PM
Dead Center Cycles
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim_bo
You would probably sell a lot of those bags if you could match the denim black paint.

We've been lucky enough to work with a painter that has been doing the repair work for our local HD dealers for over 20 years. Great people to work with. Their matches are spot on, including Denim Black!

Old 05-21-2012, 05:10 PM
LaidInk
Tourer

Originally Posted by Dead Center Cycles
Hey There,

We'd love it if you checked out our Smoothies saddlebags Not sure if they're what your looking for style wise, but we're here if you have any questions. Good luck with your search!

You can check them out at http://deadcentercycles.com/Products/Smoothies.aspx
When do you plan on getting the no exhaust cutouts available?

Old 05-21-2012, 05:34 PM
Dead Center Cycles
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by LaidInk
When do you plan on getting the no exhaust cutouts available?
We actually just got them done recently. I just haven't taken pictures for the website yet. We actually bond in blocks over the cutouts with the same radius at the base. This means that you would definitely want to paint them because there will be a seam where that block is bonded in.

I should have pics soon.

Old 05-22-2012, 08:09 AM
quadrcr87
Cruiser
Default Dead Center Cycles

I have a 98 Fatboy FLSTF with V&H long shots. Will any of your bags fit this or will I have to change out to a 2-1 or duals? I currently have leather throw over bags. Also are your bags fast/easy to install and remove or is it more of a permanent install.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:22 PM
Dead Center Cycles
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by quadrcr87
I have a 98 Fatboy FLSTF with V&H long shots. Will any of your bags fit this or will I have to change out to a 2-1 or duals? I currently have leather throw over bags. Also are your bags fast/easy to install and remove or is it more of a permanent install.
Sorry for the delinquent response! Not sure how i missed this????

On Softails, you need to purchase Cycle Visions' Bagger Tail kit. It allows you to mount hard bags on a Softail. Once that is on, then attaching the bags is a cinch. Unfortunately, when you take the bags off, then you will see the mounting hardware. So, in my mind it's a bit more permanent.

The bags go back all the way to the end of the rear fender. So, even your longshots will terminate under the bags. If you decided to run with these, you would want to order them WITHOUT cutouts. Or, Bubs makes a pair of pipes specifically for Softails with hard bags that are longer. If you were to swap, then you would want the cutouts.

Old 05-23-2012, 12:26 PM
quadrcr87
Cruiser

Ok thanks for clearing that up. Im still not sure if hard bags are the way I want to go.

Old 07-10-2012, 04:22 PM
FatNLo
Intermediate

just got my Tsukayu patrol bags in and waiting for them to be painted. I should have them back this weekend and then can get them put on... will post pics once done. From initial glance though; they do look good quality and the lock should work great! The carpeting inside could probably be a little better; but not the end of the world. I've been taking photos of the unpacking and pre-painted so will try to do a separate thread with my experience from ordering, receiving to installed

Old 01-12-2013, 01:46 PM
APerazio
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Josewales
To full time bag...I would of ordered these. I love the ribs for the old skool look. Cavalry product.

Joseys did you noticed something strange whe added the duals on the Fat Lo? I got mine and felt the bike pulling to the left. I guess due to the "new" pipe on the left side.
Thanks
Adriano (from Brasil)

Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 AM
herbie021
Intermediate
Default hard bags

I picked up a set of these. Great price and comes with mounting hardware.

http://www.hardbags.com/?gclid=CI3b2...FUWnPAod_RMA3w

Old 01-14-2013, 06:10 AM
herbie021
Intermediate
Default hard bags

I picked up a set of these for my 2010 Lo. Great price and comes with mounting hardware.

http://www.hardbags.com/?gclid=CI3b2...FUWnPAod_RMA3w

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Fatboy Lo Hard Bag Search