Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Want a fat front wheel on an FXST?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:25 PM
ilmanzo31
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Want a fat front wheel on an FXST?

Finally got a set of a beautiful wheels for my fxst, thanks to cydet. For sale is everything that has been taken off.

* Front spoked wheel (16inch, 1 inch axle, 120mm Dunlop tire has less than 1000 miles on it) and rotor $300
* Rear spoked wheel (16 inch, 3/4 axle off 03 softail, 150mm Dunlop tire has 8000 miles on it) and rotor $300
* Custom axlefor 1 inch wheels, on 3/4 inch axle, with chrome spacers $50
all 3 items for $550

* Front FXST fender (gunmetal pearl, perfect paint) $100

Now, what i did was used the 16inch road king front wheel to convert my fxst front end to a fatter wheel. Almost all the part were given to me by friends that took them off other bikes, so i made eveything work. If you want to change your fxst wheelto a fat front end, i have the custom lathed 1 inch axle, and chrome spacers that will make it work for you ona normally 3/4 inch front end. In other words, all the work i did personally to make it fit, i will sell so someone can just put it all together. Aint i nice? [align=right][/align]

Old 01-20-2007, 05:16 PM
a72396
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Want a fat front wheel on an FXST?

Do you have any pics?

Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 PM
choppertime
Advanced

No need for a "custom" axle. Just change 1" bearings to 3/4" ID bearings. The OD on all 2000 are the same we do it all the time.

Old 01-20-2007, 07:40 PM
RockyIOMC
Cruiser

I put a fatboy front wheel on my FXST but the caliper did not line up with the rotor. What is the trick there?

Old 01-20-2007, 11:16 PM
NoVaThunder
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I put a 16 x 3.5 on my '06 FXSTI. Here's a pic of the caliper mount. I circled the spacer.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:42 AM
richmac64
Tourer

I have a 2006 FXSTI and I've been thinking about changing to afatter front tire. Can someone who has done it give an explain about what is necessary to do it? I'm currently in South Korea so I'm hoping to find out exactly what's needed so I can order parts if possible. I was hoping that maybe some of those spacer kits that are available through HD and other companies would work or maybe order specific sizes of spacers. I'm worried about the offset and what exactly is needed to compensate from the original wheel. I'm not sure which wheel I'm going to put on, but I like the size of the fatboy wheel. I know there will be a fender change involved, but I hope to find the parts on ebay if possible.

I may have to wait until I get back stateside to do this but I was hoping I might be able to get the parts together andmake the change over here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would really appreciate the help.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:51 PM
richmac64
Tourer

Bump. Any help?

Old 01-24-2007, 02:26 AM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm going to put a fatboy 16" wheel on my 06 FXST. My mechanic is going to put new adjustable shocks on to lower the rear end to make up the rake difference. Others have put on lowering kits to achieve the same result. As far as the fender, I chose the Street Stalker Fender. Since it is plastic, care must be given to it's installation as the paint may chip. We expect some sort of spacer will be required for a tight fit.

You'll have to take the above advice for the spacers on the caliper as we are waiting on my fender to be painted before any installation continues. I will post pictures as soon as I get the bike back.

[IMG]local://upfiles/13603/42C9FDECF30C4B8A80B2F88C14C4D443.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-24-2007, 08:36 AM
zoomie67
Tourer

I find it very satisfying to do my own mods. I have recently started doing my own wrenching and have been saving hundreds in labor dollars. I have a friend that used to be a Honda Certified mechanic I can call when I get stuck. All you need is a manual and a little common sense. Most of my friends won't even touch a wrench to their bikes (only to change the oil). There is a certain percentage of people that shouldn't be wrenching their own stuff.I'm getting ready to install new 18" wheels and a stage II BB kit here in the next couple of weeks, that should be fun.

Old 02-19-2007, 01:40 AM
ultravista
Road Captain

Any updates to this thread? I'm thinking about doing the same thing ...

Quick Reply: Want a fat front wheel on an FXST?