Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 Fatty Lo with Passenger Floor Boards

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Pravda
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2012 Fatty Lo with Passenger Floor Boards

Need your guys help.

Picked up a set of mini passenger floor boards (cant get full size because of my side swing arm bag) for my bike. Salesman suggested that i also get a support kit due to a chance of them unscrewing because of the boards.

Problem is that the support kit for the passenger floor boards doesn't fit the bike with the factory exhaust brackets. The way this kit works is that it hooks up to the side swing arm bolt as a leverage, and therefore restrains the peg bolt from turning and unscrewing.

Any of you guys using passenger floor boards on your FatBoys with the factory exhaust? Are you using the support kit or did you just bolt the floor boards and didnt bother with the support bracket kit?

I'm thinking of just taking the round passenger peg off and replacing it with the mini floor boards without the support. Just a bit concerned that they might unscrew.

Help?

Old 08-22-2012, 05:17 PM
Kojax
Grand HDF Member
Received 139 Likes on 94 Posts

i have the fatboy lo i was thinking of getting the black mini floor boards. my dealer told me take of the stock peg and put the new one on he said it will fit with no problem

Old 08-22-2012, 05:25 PM
Pravda
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KOJAX
i have the fatboy lo i was thinking of getting the black mini floor boards. my dealer told me take of the stock peg and put the new one on he said it will fit with no problem
They will fit, the issue is because these are boards and not pegs, the passenger can loosen that bolt that attaches them to the rear subframe from on and off movements and adjustments. Thats why they offer the support kit, that is suppose to stop that from occurring.

But the mini look sharp and seem pretty solid.