Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby 12" Outlawz Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 10:54 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rockinred
That's what I did.

Air gravitates up into the MC as a bubble. If you have enough air I suppose you would want to look in MC and pop them. I didn't do that though. Probably only had minimal.

No opening bleeder valve in morning. Just untie and try squeeze again and it might be tighter.

when you squeeze lever it opens up the MC and air finds it's way up and out the resevoir if there is only little air bubbles. Not sure if there are a lot on how much will air out. Just leave on as long as you can overnight. See how it goes.
I'm confused. Lol

So you tied the brake lever off and left the MC cover ON (tightened down normally) and the bleeder valve closed? I guess that's what I don't understand is where the air would go if everything is sealed up? How much brake fluid did you have in the MC? Maybe you are saying the air flows and bubbles out in the MC (in the area above the fluid under the cover)?

Old 09-13-2012, 10:55 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Also, how tight did you tie the lever off? I was thinking of using a zip tie and just cut it off in the morning.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:03 PM
rockinred
Road Captain

Zip tie will work just do it. Hard enough for constant pressure.

If you look in cylinder when pulling break the hole opens up and pressurizes brakes. You do that, but when you release it closes up. so when you squeeze you leave it in the open state and allow time for air to gravitate. Not much more to understand or be confused about... just try it. Might help might not. Many have found succesful and others said doesn't change much on grip. Let us know how it goes.

Old 09-13-2012, 11:12 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by rockinred
Zip tie will work just do it. Hard enough for constant pressure.

If you look in cylinder when pulling break the hole opens up and pressurizes brakes. You do that, but when you release it closes up. so when you squeeze you leave it in the open state and allow time for air to gravitate. Not much more to understand or be confused about... just try it. Might help might not. Many have found succesful and others said doesn't change much on grip. Let us know how it goes.
Ahhhhh OK, I will do it tonight before going to bed. I was confused because I wasn't sure where the air would go. Lol I didn't realize there was a valve or whatever that opens but that makes sense that it might work and cause more air to leak out of the line.

Old 09-14-2012, 11:23 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Tied off the lever last night and left the MC cover off (which is what I read to do it some other post). Woke up this morning and the lever is more firm than it was. It wasn't bad before but it is definitely more firm now... I am more confident now that it is good to go.

Thanks rockinred!

Old 09-14-2012, 11:24 AM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

I added a BEFORE and AFTER comparison in the orginal post. What a difference!

Also, here is the link to the post with all the after pics:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/10328873-post109.html

I have one other item up my sleeve that I will hopefully install this weekend but I will start a new thread on it, since it doesn't have to do with the Wild 1" Outlawz.

Old 08-29-2015, 08:29 AM
ABQ_Rob
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Redder: I can't find a way to send you a private msg, so I'm going to try to tag you here. OFF TOPIC.. Your profile pic.. Is it B-29s or B-17s? If it's '17s could you tell me how I could get a copy of it? My dad was a T'Turret gunner in a '17. ... but your pic kind of looks more like '29s the more I look.
Thanks for your time.