Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild 1 Chubby 12" Outlawz Installation

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 01:16 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by m i k e
ghoticov
good job so far i like the looseing of the riser trick!
I read early in your post about the grips with no glue
your bike might be new enough where they are the "glueless type" of
grips check into that before you fudge that up on that sweet ride mang
keep taking pics
Thanks man!

I have never heard of glue less grips. Lol My grip does lock into the clutch and switch housing and can't slide without the whole housing moving around. Would that be those type of grips?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:20 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by FXBadass
That sucks that your throttle & idle didn't reach! +2 should do, but like already said, double check with string. Too long is a problem too for interference and rubbing. When you get all that done, get a late model Heritage top clamp for your risers and get rid of the 2 piece top clamps.
I was able to measure the best I could and went +2 on the clutch cable and +4 on the throttle/idle cables and brake line. Like I said in the post on the last page, they may be a little long but I didn't want to chance them still being too short. The Indy guy I go to said he would do what I did also. Crappy thing is I have to wait until next weekend to install them. I could probably ride it now but I would cringe anytime I turned the wheel.

Old 09-07-2012, 01:36 PM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by ghoticov
Thanks man!

I have never heard of glue less grips. Lol My grip does lock into the clutch and switch housing and can't slide without the whole housing moving around. Would that be those type of grips?
Yes. The housing locks it in. Good job so far. Any updated pics?

Old 09-07-2012, 01:43 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by RFG
Yes. The housing locks it in. Good job so far. Any updated pics?
Ah ha! Thanks...that's exactly what it does. I never knew I didn't have to use glue because of that. I learn something new everyday on this forum.

I will have some updated pics this weekend but they will still have the stock cables on them. Then....hopefully next weekend I can take on the task of putting on all the Chromite II cables.....more research on installing all that now. Lol

Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 PM
FXBadass
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can likely unbolt your clutch release cover with an allan key and ratchet with an allan bit. I was able to remove mine without having to remove the exhaust (V&H BR 2-2). Took a bit of time to remove the cover though.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:25 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

You can likely unbolt your clutch release cover with an allan key and ratchet with an allan bit. I was able to remove mine without having to remove the exhaust (V&H BR 2-2). Took a bit of time to remove the cover though.
I am going to remove the exhaust, it will make it much easier for me and it doesn't seem like the exhaust is very hard to remove. Also, my cables wont be in until mid week so I can spend this weekend taking all the ones ones off then I will only have to install the new ones and be ready to rock. Also, I have V&H BSS and the top pipe goes right in front of the clutch release cover.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:30 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

The BRs do also, and you can barely see my cover, but I did it. Wrench between pipes haha!

Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member
Arrow

I put everything back on, only took about 10 minutes. My switch housing wires are not connected though (see other thread here ... https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...extension.html ) and the old stock cables are a tight fit... the brake line is unbolted from both mounts in order for me it to reach my bars.

I just rolled the bike out to take some updated pics. I LOVE THE OUTLAWZ CHUBBY BARS!!! They look so good the way they follow the lines of the forks and then break off. They are also as (or more) comfortable than my stock bars were... plus the wiring is all cleaned up. Once I get the Magnum Shielding Chromite II cables on, it's going to look sweet!

I also have a used TRI BAR LED Tailight that should deliver tomorrow (thanks sagebrush1976!)... it will give me something to install while waiting on my cables. lol I am worried about installing the cables but I figure if I can do this much, I can take on the cables now.

Here are some pics with the new bars and old cables (notice how tight the cables are). lol

Old 09-07-2012, 08:33 PM
ghoticov
Elite HDF Member

The BRs do also, and you can barely see my cover, but I did it. Wrench between pipes haha!
How did you torque it back to spec though?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM
FXBadass
Tourer

With over 30 yrs of wrenching lol! I use tq wrench where possible, but not on the small stuff - usually snug +1/6 to 1/3 turn depending on the fastener size. Bars look great, keep it up!

Quick Reply: Wild 1 Chubby 12" Outlawz Installation