Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to: Remove & Replace Tank Emblem on a Deluxe

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Knucky
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wow, thanks for all the compliments folks, always nice to hear that the stuff you like others do too.

I didn't get the emblems from JP, and don't know if JP sells the genuine HD ones, but that's what I got thru my local MoCo dealer. The quality is top notch, real metal, nice quality chrome and mounting system, fits great and <$75 for the emblem and mounting kit. To me, it totally transforms the bike. Zero regrets.

As for selling the take-offs, I'm going to hold on to them as I do with all the take-offs. I've owned enough classics over the years to have learned to hold on to every original part I can after having to scrounge for original parts on older bikes. But thanks for asking.

BTW, had one of the nicest rides of the year this afternoon. Yes New England winters suck, but the trade-off is a gorgeous Fall. I'm trying to cram every ounce of sunshine I can behind the saddle before the snow flies. Tomorrow is supposed to be another nice day and I'm ready to call in sick!

Last edited by Knucky; 10-19-2012 at 07:52 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DESERT VIPER (12-26-2022)
Old 10-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Knucky
Road Captain

A lot of folks have messaged me privately asking what HD part numbers I used. The emblem is part number 61776-61T and the adapter kit is part number 61740-90T.

The following users liked this post:
NAPRA (03-31-2019)
Old 10-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Alain
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

love the new emblems dude. i wish my rocker's emblems weren't embedded into the tank otherwise i'd switch them.

your sled has a nice flow to it.

Old 10-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Knucky
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Alain
love the new emblems dude. i wish my rocker's emblems weren't embedded into the tank otherwise i'd switch them.

your sled has a nice flow to it.
Thanks man.

Old 10-19-2012, 09:20 PM
yzergod
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Knucky
This little tutorial probably applies to most late model Harleys, but...blah, blah, blah.
Well, after looking at this stupid post several times, I now have become quite unhappy with my ugly tank badges and now have another "must do" thing on my list. Thanks a lot there Knucky!!! Way to add something to my list. Douche move!

Old 10-19-2012, 09:38 PM
Midgard
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yzergod
Well, after looking at this stupid post several times, I now have become quite unhappy with my ugly tank badges and now have another "must do" thing on my list. Thanks a lot there Knucky!!! Way to add something to my list. Douche move!
haha I know the feeling - I spent like 2 hours searching and looking at all kinds of badges last night - just cant decide if I want to leave my tank blank or throw a set on

Old 10-19-2012, 10:43 PM
Knucky
Road Captain

Originally Posted by yzergod
Hahaha, gotcha sucka!

In actuality, I read another post on this here forum where someone did this swap, so technically, I ain't the only one emblem pimpin' - it's more like a virus!

Old 10-20-2012, 10:57 AM
Uncle G.
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,704 Likes on 1,989 Posts

Nice job, and love the new (old) emblems. I've thought about doing this to my bike over the years, but I'm afraid given the age of the bike the paint will be faded/yellowed and there will be a discolored spot where the emblems were.

Old 11-18-2012, 04:37 AM
steamybob
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

A brilliant, informative & confidence-building post Knucky! Excellent!

Old 11-18-2012, 05:42 AM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,863 Likes on 4,113 Posts

Knucky,

Nice choice of emblems. They are definitely old school.

Boog

Quick Reply: How to: Remove & Replace Tank Emblem on a Deluxe