Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

all harley models with water cooling for 2014?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2012, 06:55 PM
Motown Strag
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lets apply this same argument to Muscle Cars...now tell me why the new Caramro SS sucks compared to the 69

Tell me that its a souless piece of trash that could never compare to the original because its ruined by modern engineering and technology...then I can have a good laugh tonight.

I think that if HD goes water cooled and I imagine that the V-rod was a test bed of sorts it will no doubt start as an option on touring models and roll out slowly across the product line like fuel injection did.

P.S. carbs are probably going away too in the near future...better save some kleenex lol

Old 12-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Gigawitz
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Motown Strag
Lets apply this same argument to Muscle Cars...now tell me why the new Caramro SS sucks compared to the 69

Tell me that its a souless piece of trash that could never compare to the original because its ruined by modern engineering and technology...then I can have a good laugh tonight.

I think that if HD goes water cooled and I imagine that the V-rod was a test bed of sorts it will no doubt start as an option on touring models and roll out slowly across the product line like fuel injection did.

P.S. carbs are probably going away too in the near future...better save some kleenex lol
Ok lets do that, but take a cherry 69 and park it by the modern day rendition and see which one is cooler, we all know the answer..

BTW, carbs are only going away if you give in to the modern wave... I believe I can run a carb as long as I want to and be happy as punch with it, I have no use for Kleenex, never have...

Old 12-28-2012, 08:50 PM
CSS_FXD
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Harley's are Harley's. Not built for breaking speed records but they can be quick. More for looking and sounding great and cruising with soul and history. Everyone is happy with that who wants a Harley and they know this going into it. If they do go all water cooled (bet they don't) looks like the newest Harley I will ever own is a 2013

Old 12-28-2012, 10:06 PM
Bone Doc
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 10,858 Likes on 4,112 Posts

You've always had your choice of an air cooled or water cooled engine

Old 12-29-2012, 06:41 AM
Warp Factor
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigawitz
I don't believe they will water cool Harleys anytime soon, they will fight tooth and nail to stay air cooled.. The biggest problem with water cooling a Harley is not the ugly radiator, it will make the engine itself ugly..
The engine wouldn't need to look much different, if Harley didn't want it to.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

I found an old internet post:

"It appears as though the 1914 Harley Davidson motorcycle line will all be water cooled machines. This is quite an affront to the HD loyal, who claim a Harley Davidson motorcycle can only be a Harley if it is air cooled."

Provided you have the bike you want right now, Who GAF?

However, if you would like water cooling and a more modern power plant this MAY be your time. But remember this. Harley Davidson sells EVERY air cooled model they make; every one. While I applaud HD stepping into the future, the V Rod aint exactly flyin out the door.

I know, the EPA is gonna mandate it. Here's the deal on that. HD will be selling air cooled engines when everyone else, and I mean everyone, has stopped. If you really, really want a water cooled cruiser or tourer; get yourself a Japanese bike and be done with it.

But remember this, a Glock is a hell of a lot better weapon than a Colt Peacemaker when it comes killing. But the Peacemaker is more valuable and has a clear connection to the settling of this country. You can backwards engineer that Glock till the cows come home but it'll never be first.

HD rides that train better than anybody else, only Triumph comes close.

So I'd like to thank the 98,758th person who gave me the heads up on Harley going water cooled next year. I wasn't aware change was coming this rapidly.

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 12-29-2012 at 09:32 AM.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM
tbonetony06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I don't want to sound like a dick but I don't care what the Government mandates or not. I really don't care what Harley does from this point forward either, I would never buy one. I will always just buy used and rebuild it if need be. I don't see myself ever getting rid of the bike I now have but a 2nd bike someday is not out of the question and if I go that route it will probabay be an old shovel anyway! I have no use or desire for a water cool bike of any sort. I will stay with whats popular, what I know and I am comfortable with and a water cooled bike fits into that no where in my future. I will stick with tradition and the legend, an air cooled Harley, period.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:28 PM
gi_king_ken
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Dont worry. Just like the air cleaner and exhausts. (harley tax) for a large fee you can have it removed and replaced with air cooled heads.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:20 PM
smokeygold
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can we just go back to the chaps, fingerless gloves and oil threads? I miss those!

Old 12-29-2012, 04:31 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

us old farts have medicare and i hope you younger guys should be o.k. with obamacare. there is going to be a lot of heart attacks and strokes when harley does actually come out with a water-cooled bagger or sportster.
might be a good idea to buy hospital stock--they will be busy! lol

Quick Reply: all harley models with water cooling for 2014?