Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softails with a fairing pics

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 02:06 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am running a Woodys fairing (http://www.woodysfairings.com/)on my fatboy. Have had zero issues with it. He is a one man shop so takes a little longer to get it but like it was stated before you get what you pay for. Glenn (the owner) also is really knowledgeable when it comes to the fairings and the affect the fairing has on handling. Here are a few pics. Let me know if you want some different angles.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:07 PM
tlar1540
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by serjayson
I like the sound of controlling the volume from your handlebars. If you can keep us posted on how it came out. That would make for a great thread. Thanks in advance.
Actually, it went better than expected, considering!! I purchased the switch housing from a guy on here but later found that I could have bought new ones on flea bay cheaper. I looked around for switches but they were pricing from HD, so I bought a complete set of switches from a guy that sells them on Ebay. Removed the switches I needed from the harness, and put them in a new protective sleeve. After I installed the new housings and switches, I ran the harness down the handlebars & into the bottom of hte fairing. After that, it's just following the instruction on whatever steering wheel interface you use. Easy as that but I am still waiting to hear back from Axxess (interface I used) because my seek functions don't work. checked all the wiring three times and everything is connected properly.. The other switches (Signals, horn, etc. etc.) I will install into the housings I took off & resell when all is complet..
I will get some pics when it's all done and post!!

Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 PM
agapsdiver
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by TNB
Did you go back to the windshield??? If so why? Just wondering based on your signature photo.

NO! my sig. is old. I absolutely love my softail Road Glide Ultra. I started doing a lot of traveling and like everything about my setup. Love the softail balancer and the Road Glide Fairing... best of both worlds for me.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
TNB
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agapsdiver
NO! my sig. is old. I absolutely love my softail Road Glide Ultra. I started doing a lot of traveling and like everything about my setup. Love the softail balancer and the Road Glide Fairing... best of both worlds for me.
Thanks for the reply. I was considering the same thing after sitting on a Road Glide and reading about how well they handle on the highway. However, I still need something detachable right now, so I decided not to even attempt to use something like a Road Glide fairing. Same factor ruled out another fairing I was thinking about using instead of my current fairing.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:01 AM
Bsugaa78@gmail.com
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear fairing

[QUOTE=serjayson;10794729]Here's mineName:  IMAG1151.jpg
Views: 615
Size:  154.3 KBName:  IMAG1161.jpg
Views: 474
Size:  140.1 KB
where did you get the rear fairing and bags??

Old 02-13-2017, 07:29 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

that's a WINNER BROTHA