Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hog haulters front end 21 wheel

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2017, 02:10 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts
Thumbs up Hog haulters front end 21 wheel

HI guys I have a rocker c with currently stock front end and 19 front rim, im putting a 21'' on front, I like the hog haulters front ends, not cheap, but you get what you pay for, will come complete w/monotubes installed, and they are amazing looking, does anyone know how much rake ill need built into trees 3 or 6 ive heard a few different options, I plan on putting 422's rap rear shocks lowering bike 1/2' is all, so I want bike level, thanks in advance...

Old 02-09-2017, 04:46 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
HI guys I have a rocker c with currently stock front end and 19 front rim, im putting a 21'' on front, I like the hog haulters front ends, not cheap, but you get what you pay for, will come complete w/monotubes installed, and they are amazing looking, does anyone know how much rake ill need built into trees 3 or 6 ive heard a few different options, I plan on putting 422's rap rear shocks lowering bike 1/2' is all, so I want bike level, thanks in advance...
From what I've read, with a 21" wheel a 5* rake will add 2" to your wheel base, and put you back to level....and the HHI site says their complete front ends come with OEM spec internal dampening components, I don't see an option for monotubes??...also, just a heads up, I'm pretty sure your gonna have to change or modify your tank console or the new trees will hit it, I know another member Alain ran into this after installing HHI trees and a 21" on his Rocker....

Last edited by Rocker B; 02-09-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 05:47 PM
aaamax
Road Captain
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I wouldn't bother changing the rake until you hit 23". I found 21" still acceptable in feel with stock.
good luck with whatever you choose.

The following users liked this post:
TOMMYBLAZIN (02-13-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 10:31 AM
SanJuanRon
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

I have 21" on both my softails and there really isn't a need to mess with the rake. I lowered the front 1" on both bikes and they ride fine. Ron

Old 02-10-2017, 07:24 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rocker B
From what I've read, with a 21" wheel a 5* rake will add 2" to your wheel base, and put you back to level....and the HHI site says their complete front ends come with OEM spec internal dampening components, I don't see an option for monotubes??...also, just a heads up, I'm pretty sure your gonna have to change or modify your tank console or the new trees will hit it, I know another member Alain ran into this after installing HHI trees and a 21" on his Rocker....
THE HOG HAULTERS are the reason im getting to not hit the front of tank, these guys are good I called they DO come with monotubes, and they will not hit, they have this figured out, im told there the strongest/best in the industry,dont have to worry of tubes bending etc, or the progressive springs flattening out which I keep hearing about...
also its not a option if you call them, that's how they build that's why no option....

Old 02-10-2017, 07:25 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

Originally Posted by SanJuanRon
I have 21" on both my softails and there really isn't a need to mess with the rake. I lowered the front 1" on both bikes and they ride fine. Ron
did you have to lower rear or just front to keep them level?

Old 02-10-2017, 07:33 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Rocker B

I saw what you read, it states they manufacture to specs, doesn't mean there using the same parts ,the use monotubes,to spec....

Old 02-10-2017, 07:56 PM
Rocker B
Road Warrior
Received 308 Likes on 210 Posts

Originally Posted by TOMMYBLAZIN
I saw what you read, it states they manufacture to specs, doesn't mean there using the same parts ,the use monotubes,to spec....
Ya, it says the "internal dampening components" are manufactured to OEM specs, but is there an OEM monotube?? They should correct their description if they come with monotubes....and here a link to the thread where the member had the problem with the trees hitting the console, he used the Hog Halters raked trees only and not the complete front end, so maybe they use a different style/shape trees, but if you have a problem I think he found a fix....https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softa...my-rocker.html

Last edited by Rocker B; 02-10-2017 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

the guy I use, new indy, he might get them "special" made for him, as he pushes the crap outta them, he had 6 bikes with new front ends when I went in there last week, so it might not be on them, the might be doing him a solid to help him sell more?you know,thanks for link ill check it out

Old 02-13-2017, 07:14 PM
TOMMYBLAZIN
Road Master

that guy lives close to me, but he only did the trees, im doing a complete front end, drop right on, its completely built and the guys at haulters know there stuff theve been doing a LONG time, and I brought this up to my indy, theve done several completes for rockers, its in the neck? anyhow they don't hit matter fact around 1" or more to go, so if I kept stock lights id be good, which im not, found bars with leds built into them, and im sending all my black switch housing brake master cylinders etc, to get chromed, he has a guy who does it, this indy the real, deal his bikes in magazines, his shop wall filled with articles from various this ad that, I trust this guy...might not be the cheapest, ut when building a bike, get what you pay for,