Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 02:36 PM
N.b.p.f.
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)

With the exception of removing the bar off the back of the seat, this is a simple straight forward bolt on swap, no other modifications necessary, and holly S*** its 100% better than the stock slim seat. You have to remove the bar because you use the hole for the center support on the bar to mount to the factory slim seat mount. well here are the pictures, I dont think it looks bad at all and its night and day difference on comfort. This is off and 09 deluxe, and only cost me $120

Attached Thumbnails Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_1343.jpg   Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_1344.jpg   Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_1345.jpg   Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_1346.jpg   Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_1350.jpg  

Old 05-25-2013, 02:38 PM
Softslim
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Agree the stock seat is rubbish.. Looks decent yes

Old 05-25-2013, 02:41 PM
N.b.p.f.
6th Gear

this was my old p pad set up from a sportster, I and the deluxe p pad looks and feels 10x better too in my opinion

Attached Thumbnails Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)-img_0967.jpg  
Old 05-26-2013, 04:34 PM
Slamed Slim
Advanced

Very nice.

Old 02-29-2016, 05:19 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain
Received 171 Likes on 82 Posts

Reviving an old thread, but how's the position compared to the stock seat? Is it higher/further forward?

I'm toying with seat options (again!) and I want to be both a little higher and further forward than the stock seat

Old 02-29-2016, 06:11 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by stinkerbill
Reviving an old thread, but how's the position compared to the stock seat? Is it higher/further forward?

I'm toying with seat options (again!) and I want to be both a little higher and further forward than the stock seat
Glad I'm not the only one with seat issues 😡 I'm now looking at LePera & Corbin but here in the uk it's not easy to try before you buy.

Old 02-29-2016, 06:48 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain

Well, I have a sprung seat set-up at the moment and the position is perfect, but the seat itself isn't that comfy after an hour or so (Le Pera Buddy Boy Large) - it kinda digs into the back of my thighs as it's not as narrow at the front as a proper 'tractor' style seat

So I've found a cheap Deluxe seat on eBay (on it's way as we speak) but if that's not right then I'll pull the trigger on a HD 1925 tractor seat and modify my current mounting hardware to fit it

Old 02-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Jetfever
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 34 Posts
Default digs into the back of my thighs...

Well, I have a sprung seat set-up at the moment and the position is perfect, but the seat itself isn't that comfy after an hour or so (Le Pera Buddy Boy Large) - it kinda digs into the back of my thighs as it's not as narrow at the front as a proper 'tractor' style seat

So I've found a cheap Deluxe seat on eBay (on it's way as we speak) but if that's not right then I'll pull the trigger on a HD 1925 tractor seat and modify my current mounting hardware to fit it
I wish you lived closer, you could try my '25 tractor seat before you buy.

I have a 32" inseam, and The seat is supremely comfortable WHILE RIDING.

I capitalize, because there is a slight feeling of the seat digging into back of my thighs when at a STOP, feet on the ground. This might be worse with shorter legs.

I live on a hill, nearly level driveway, and I often push start my bike in 3rd gear. This seat will dig into your thighs a bit more when pushing the bike while seated (1 leg farther aft than usual) vs my 2 other modern Harley Softail seats, but I think most riders rarely push their bikes.

Again, while riding feet on the boards, this is NOT an issue, I find the seat comfortable for all day riding.

Steve

Old 02-29-2016, 09:49 AM
stinkerbill
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Jetfever
I wish you lived closer, you could try my '25 tractor seat before you buy.
Ha, me too!

'

Old 02-29-2016, 11:54 AM
paullavery
Road Master
Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts

If you do decide on the tractor style seat then give me a shout as i will be selling a brand new one plus the pogo setup.

Quick Reply: Softail Slim with a deluxe seat (pictures)