Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to Customi Stitch Lepera seats ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 12:35 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Where to Customi Stitch Lepera seats ?

Hi Guys,
I saw a couple of really nicely customized Seats, I wanted to do it locally but the CAnadian guys are lazy at best.
Do you recommend a shop that can customize (Stitching and piping) my Lepera barebones ?

Let me know .. I have had good experiences lately with American vendors. I am to do something like this.

Last edited by klf33; 06-27-2013 at 09:10 AM.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:34 AM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by klf33
Hi Guys,
I saw a couple of really nicely customized Seats, I wanted to do it locally but the CAnadian guys are lazy at best.
Do you recommend a shop that can customize (Stitching and piping) my Lepera barebones ?

Let me know .. I have had good experiences lately with American vendors.
might work out cheaper to buy a new c&c already stitched and piped, there seats quite nice with diamond stitching?? just suggestion

Old 06-27-2013, 01:45 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi Guys,

Let me know .. I have had good experiences lately with American vendors.
So because you can't find someone in the TO area who is good with leather, you generalize all Canadians into one groups as "lazy"?

1. No wonder some other countries have a low opinion of Canadians, when you bash your own country mates.

2. I bet there is a quite a few awesome leather workers within 100km of you, so I am thinking YOU'RE the lazy one who isn't smart enough to use google properly.

You aren't far from the border, feel free to skip across, I hear it isn't hard to get into the States.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:53 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by kiwideuce
might work out cheaper to buy a new c&c already stitched and piped, there seats quite nice with diamond stitching?? just suggestion
Hi Kiwi, to be honest, the CC stitching and seat looks never appealed to me, I know people swear by them, but the Lepera in my eyes is the only thing that looks really good on my bike.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:56 AM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by dyolfknip
So because you can't find someone in the TO area who is good with leather, you generalize all Canadians into one groups as "lazy"?

1. No wonder some other countries have a low opinion of Canadians, when you bash your own country mates.

2. I bet there is a quite a few awesome leather workers within 100km of you, so I am thinking YOU'RE the lazy one who isn't smart enough to use google properly.

You aren't far from the border, feel free to skip across, I hear it isn't hard to get into the States.
You are right Dyo, I did generalize, I take that back, the 3 Canadian providers that were local that I talked to regarding Painting my bike, Quoted me 3 weeks longer and 800$ more to paint my bike than Adam at TimeWarp in Utah (including shipping cost), and I still hear horror story about Paint sets delayed till now.

Then I went to a local Custom Seat shop, asked him to do two seats, agreed on 3 week return, and give him the first seat, well, I have had nothing but 'sorry I am delayed' for 9 weeks now on the first seat only.

So I am a bit biased and my experience have been negative here and positive south of the border.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:03 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

You are right Dyo, I did generalize, I take that back, the 3 Canadian providers that were local that I talked to regarding Painting my bike, Quoted me 3 weeks longer and 800$ more to paint my bike than Adam at TimeWarp in Utah (including shipping cost), and I still hear horror story about Paint sets delayed till now.

Then I went to a local Custom Seat shop, asked him to do two seats, agreed on 3 week return, and give him the first seat, well, I have had nothing but 'sorry I am delayed' for 9 weeks now on the first seat only.

So I am a bit biased and my experience have been negative here and positive south of the border.
Fair enough. I may have jumped a little hard on ya anyway. But like I said, keep looking, there has to be someone local. You are in the center of the universe after all.

Old 06-27-2013, 09:36 AM
baimo
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is not Canada.
But I found a guy in Texas that put a gel pack, reupholstered with white stiching my stock slim solo seat. The turnaround once he received the seat was 3 days. His name his Aric. http://www.texasharleyseats.com/

This is what he did to my stock solo seat:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/baime/8095066629/

Old 06-27-2013, 10:39 AM
bill in okc
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The local guy here told me he would get started on my seat in two weeks - I had my seat 8 months later. It was what I wanted but riding season was basically over. So it can happen anywhere.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 PM
klf33
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bill in okc
The local guy here told me he would get started on my seat in two weeks - I had my seat 8 months later. It was what I wanted but riding season was basically over. So it can happen anywhere.
Yep. I agree .. it is sad really. this is why I am looking for 'past positive experience' and with shipping everything is possible.