Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Slim seat options

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 08:20 PM
siege
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slim seat options

Hi guys,

I just got my new Slim and I love it! But, I find I'm getting blown off the stock seat at highway speeds. There's a bit of unnerving butt slip and some lower back pain from trying to stay forward. I suppose I need to get a different seat.

I'd like to stay with a solo seat if possible, but one with more lower back support. I like the look of the Sundowner deep bucket seat in the parts catalog, but it's a pillion seat and I'd prefer to stay away from that if possible (maybe it isn't!). I also don't want an overt backrest like Corbin offers...I'm way too young to be using something like that and they look fugly.

Old 10-18-2013, 01:09 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by siege
Hi guys,

I just got my new Slim and I love it! But, I find I'm getting blown off the stock seat at highway speeds. There's a bit of unnerving butt slip and some lower back pain from trying to stay forward. I suppose I need to get a different seat.

I'd like to stay with a solo seat if possible, but one with more lower back support. I like the look of the Sundowner deep bucket seat in the parts catalog, but it's a pillion seat and I'd prefer to stay away from that if possible (maybe it isn't!). I also don't want an overt backrest like Corbin offers...I'm way too young to be using something like that and they look fugly.
Heheh. I hear you on the backrest.

How many freeway miles do you do in a typical week? How may surface street miles? City, or country riding? That will help us help you.

Old 10-18-2013, 02:47 AM
Ragnar
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sounds like we may be having similar experiences.

I tried a Mustang Wide Vintage solo seat, hoping it would be like the Fat Boy's seat. Well constructed, nice quality, but it absolutely SUCKS on the Slim. Something about the angles is completely wrong. It's going back. Now, I'm considering Mustang's Wide Tripper seat, or a LePara or Danny Grey instead.

Old 10-18-2013, 04:35 AM
Prot
Club Member

Received 14,138 Likes on 6,209 Posts

I heard good things about Danny Grey butt crack seat. Corbin also has some good offerings.. Harley sells what they call a reduced reach seat if that is what needs to be addressed. The Harley dealer has demo seats for you to try before committing.

You could also send your stock seat to Mean City Cycles to have it reshaped.

Old 10-18-2013, 06:42 AM
BMM48
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Prot
I heard good things about Danny Grey butt crack seat.
Yep, I have the buttcrack solo and highly recommend it. Very comfortable and you stay planted....

Old 10-18-2013, 11:15 AM
sioux565
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the Mustang Solo Tripper on my old Sportster. The seat was a great improvement over the stock seat and it kept you in place. I will most likely swap out my stock Slim seat to the Mustang Tripper seat this winter.

Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM
GlennB.
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I've got the mustang wide trip and I like it

Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just ordered a danny grey speed cradle seat. It does not show it as an option for the slim but I spoke with Sherry from Danny Grey and they do make it. Seat pushes you forward about 2" and is based on the butcrack solo design. So for my wife thinks it is more comfortable than the stocker and it keeps from sliding off the back. Her only dislike is that the seat is wider at the nose so it makes it tougher for to get her feet planted on the ground since the seat forces her legs outward. I think we may take it, and her stock seat to a local seat guy to see which one he can modify more to her liking. Here is a picture I got from Danny Grey.

Attached Thumbnails Slim seat options-img_4218.jpg  
Old 10-18-2013, 06:51 PM
300Slim
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the Corbin. As you see in the pic, Its a bit big but has nice back support. It is very comfy and it does lift you up a bit. 8 stars.

Last edited by 300Slim; 10-29-2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:56 PM
Goldtop Dude
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fxdx2k
I have the Corbin. As you see in the pic, Its a bit big but has nice back support. It is very comfy and it does lift you up a bit. 8 stars.
Don't see a pic

I'm 6' 5" and need to move up and back on my slim or the the BO

Quick Reply: Slim seat options