Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deuce ; Bobtail Fender ?

Old 03-23-2007, 06:32 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Deuce ; Bobtail Fender ?

Imagine I'm going to get flamed for this idea . Has anyone put a stock HD Bobtail fender on their Deuce and if so what all is involved ? Hope its just a matter of getting a rear fender/tailight and some new struts or is the frame different and this would not work without frame modifications ?

For years the BT fender was in my thought UGLY , damn thing has grown on me. A lot ofSoftails owners are modding their bikes and they closely resemble a Deuce in looks with the exception of the stretched tank and I'm really liking the look of the BT over my Deuce's stock fender . If I find a black one then all I have to do is paint my tank and front fender , always did like " basic black " best !

Thanks , Dan

Old 03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
TazInCT
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Deuce ; Bobtail Fender ?

traitor! j/k... have fun with it! I dunno the answer though.[8D]

Old 03-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Bob D
Intermediate

I wouldn't destroy your beautiful paint set by painting it black. Put that one away and get a ugly one to paint. Actually I have a Concord Purple set I'll trade you. The world would be a better place if someone painted over it. No offense to all you "Purple" folk.
Bob D

Old 03-23-2007, 07:26 PM
DanDeuce
Road Captain

Bob D,
Good idea on putting away my smokey gold set , bet I could pick up a front fender/tank off of Ebay for cheap , especially since nothing would need to match .

Old 03-23-2007, 07:33 PM
DickGrayson
Road Captain

I have a Bobtail fender from my '04 FXST for sale.

Hint, Hint

Old 03-24-2007, 12:16 AM
HawgFoot
Advanced

ORIGINAL: DanDeuce

Imagine I'm going to get flamed for this idea . Has anyone put a stock HD Bobtail fender on their Deuce and if so what all is involved ? Hope its just a matter of getting a rear fender/tailight and some new struts or is the frame different and this would not work without frame modifications ?

For years the BT fender was in my thought UGLY , damn thing has grown on me. A lot ofSoftails owners are modding their bikes and they closely resemble a Deuce in looks with the exception of the stretched tank and I'm really liking the look of the BT over my Deuce's stock fender . If I find a black one then all I have to do is paint my tank and front fender , always did like " basic black " best !

Thanks , Dan
Ya gotta ask yourself...Whats the lesser of two evils?

One looks like a surfboard sticking off the back....
The other looks like an inflamed monkeys butt poking up in the air....

Old 03-24-2007, 12:34 AM
voodoo93
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got a problem with your statement - you can't throw out a big ol' purple bashing and then just say no offense, just not that easy, we are definitely going to have to convene the Concord Purple Court and determine your fate - prepare for a probable keel hauling!

ORIGINAL: Bob D

I wouldn't destroy your beautiful paint set by painting it black. Put that one away and get a ugly one to paint. Actually I have a Concord Purple set I'll trade you. The world would be a better place if someone painted over it. No offense to all you "Purple" folk.
Bob D

Old 03-24-2007, 12:43 AM
Bob D
Intermediate

Aahh man....... I knew that was coming !!!!! OK I'll take the punishment, but how bout we get after HawgFoot for his fender bashing.

Old 03-24-2007, 12:48 AM
Bob D
Intermediate

ORIGINAL: DanDeuce

Bob D,
Good idea on putting away my smokey gold set , bet I could pick up a front fender/tank off of Ebay for cheap , especially since nothing would need to match .
Here's acheap set right now....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Harle...QQcmdZViewItem

Old 03-24-2007, 12:57 AM
HawgFoot
Advanced

Sorry Bob,
Don't get me wrong,even thoI feel the Deuce fender coulda had a little more thought put into the stylingyou couldn't pay me to run a BT of any type....

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Deuce ; Bobtail Fender ?