Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   Allright that's it (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/953060-allright-thats-it.html)

hdgzr 03-30-2014 10:59 AM

That's a sharp-looking Heritage. Sounds like one of the best mods you could do is change your riding buddies.:icon_slap:
Phuc 'em...

Carolina Joe 03-30-2014 11:15 AM

Nothing wrong with the way your bike looks. I like it and I like my Heritage, studs and all.

I learned a long time ago that what other people think about me is none of my business. Everyone is entitled to their own thoughts and ideas. Now, when they vocalize it, as they have done in the case of your bags, you need to exercise your options. One great option is to not let these little people, with their little opinions, live rent free in your head.

Life is too short to let insignificant things of this nature have any degree of importance in the larger scheme of things. It damn sure isn't worth a second thought.

CJ

Ragnar 03-30-2014 11:55 AM

There are different styles because different people have different tastes.

Studs on my bike's leather? Nope - doesn't fit my style FOR THIS SCOOT. Studs on a CLASSIC HERITAGE - my opinion is that they add a lot to a classic look, just like whitewalls do. Deluxe can look great with them, too, as could a RK Classic.

Do what you want.

08Nighttrain 03-30-2014 11:56 AM

Maybe the reason they say that crap is because they know it bothers you. Generally if someone says something and doesn't get any reaction they move on. Unless it's true it shouldn't bother you. Next time tell them that the reason you bought them is because their wife/girlfriend helped you pick them out when she was over at your place last night.

Texa$ 03-30-2014 12:09 PM

I could ride out there on my girly sportster so they could make fun of my bike instead, but you are 2,000 miles away which is a two day ride

tbonetony06 03-30-2014 02:17 PM

I'm like Fat11Lo and the same experience. Before last winters mods list was installed I was told by many that I am going to screw my bike up with these apes, pipes and so on. I had the standard reply for all of them. "Like I give a phukc what you have to say or think"!

When it was done and I finally put it on the road last summer I was told how bad a$$ my bike looks with these mods, even by the guys that threw more than their fair share of smart a$$ remarks and $hit at and to me. I am very curious to see who pulls their bikes out this summer with new apes and pipes on their bikes.

I am that lone wolf, always have been and probably always will be. I don't like people in my space, I been through to much, lived through more than what would send most people to bridges to jump and call it quit's. I will also admit because of all that I have been through I do have thin skin but I have been working on that.

I kinda smiled and laughed when you, the OP, 1st posted this thread! I thought the last place a guy would want to come and to talk "gay" stuff, to say you are going to do what others pressured you into doing, changing your sled because other "gay" friends makes $hit of you and your bike, is a HARLEY DAVIDSON FORUM/WEBSITE! Keep the bike the way you want it and dump the friends.

Sleeko 03-30-2014 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by surfnorthwest (Post 12512242)
So first off I love my 2013 Heritage Classic. I literally have stuck about 5k into it customizing it and performance mods since I got it so its not going anywhere. I love it and its perfect for my wife and I.

So I am out riding today with some other couples and they started with the gay jokes again on my bike due to the studs in the saddle bags.... they call it man purse. The only way to shut them up about it will be to get different saddle bags or convert to some hard shells.

Since my friends unfortunately are not going anywhere, I am looking for some nice classy NON STUDDED saddlebags or, a good link to convert over to hard saddle bags like a Road King perhaps.

Anyone help a brother out...

"Friends" ?! Really . . . :icon_really: Around these parts, it seems every other bike I pass is a Heritage. Except for your friends I'd say you are in good company.

Just out of curiosity, what do they ride?

Mcdave 03-30-2014 03:03 PM

Let me guess, your friends all have ridiculous ape hangers and cholo headbands? Yea, that's not gay..... just sayin'

zyonsdream 03-30-2014 04:23 PM

First I'd kick their bikes over and then I'd tell them, "Now you have something worth concerning yourself over." Seriously, first understand the difference between friends razzing you or friends actually crossing the lines to be spiteful. If they are really your friends and just giving you a hard time, they will look at you like you are stupid when you show up with the new bags. If they are being spiteful, then you need new friends, not bags.

Aside from that, F**c anyone that tells you that your ride is gay... unless your ride if Freddy Mercury.

surfnorthwest 03-30-2014 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mcdave (Post 12514885)
Let me guess, your friends all have ridiculous ape hangers and cholo headbands? Yea, that's not gay..... just sayin'

Yep. Bunch mod'd Dynas and Sportsters and a RoadKing. Bunch of wannabe bikers. When I say "my friends" they are simply a bunch of douche bags I work with. These are the same bunch who were chopping my azz to buy a bike. Now, to keep a happy marriage I needed wife's approval, after all she loves to ride with me.

So the back part of the bike is for the wife, so the bags are going to stay. I think the guys just have penis envy because my mod'd up 103 kills them.

Here is a couple of pics when the wife picked out the bike and when we bought it.

http://surfnorthwest.com/images/st4.jpg

http://surfnorthwest.com/images/st5.jpg