Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiantz Real Flex Plate frame 3 - HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts
Default Radiantz Real Flex Plate frame 3 - HELP!

Hey All,

Has anyone installed this "gem" (sarcastic) ... http://www.radiantz.com/index1.html?c17.html&1 [the one with 2 turn signals and one bottom brake light] on their Deluxe?

I had to remove my rear wheel to get the taillight housing out of the fender since 4-5 fender bolts are so tight I can't turn them and now one is stripped (but that's a different issue).

Anyway, this thing comes with 4 sets of wires and I can't figure out why I can't seem to get any of the RED LEDs on the bottom or sides to illuminate? The only one that works is the white/black wires when connected to the green/black taillight wires that connect to the original plate illumination light. That's working and the LED Plate light comes on along with the brake light on the bike.

However, the other 3 sets of wires (Red/Blk for all 3 - 1 each for the bottom, left and right LEDs that act as riunning/brake or turn signal lights) will not come on and I do not know what lights to tie the bottom LEDs into. The left/right Turn signal LEDs should tie directly into the turn signal wires on the bike (which are also now not coming on).

Is this because the rear wheel is off? I ask because the bike has security and when I turn it on or off the rear turn signals go through their blinking process (4 times each) then go off. They are supposed to act as running lights as I have the brake/turn signal controller connected to the rear harness.

The Wire combos for this plate cover are as follows:

1 - White/Blk - LED White Plate light - Working as expected
2 - Red/Blk - Bottom Red LED - no idea where to tie this in
3 - Red/Blk - Left Red LED - I assume this gets tied into the left turn signal wires?
4 - Red/Blk - Right Red LED - I assume this gets tied into the right turn signal wires?

Anyone tried this thing before or have any ideas on how to wire it? Appreciate any guidance!

Attached Thumbnails Radiantz Real Flex Plate frame 3 - HELP!-real-flex-plates-red.jpg  

Last edited by xmen9c; 04-11-2014 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Added link to item on Radiantz site
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 AM
dyolfknip
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you tried contacting Radiantz? What do the instructions say?

Old 04-12-2014, 09:19 PM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 241 Likes on 133 Posts

I called Radiantz and got it to work. Had a crimped wire. All is good now!

Last edited by xmen9c; 04-12-2014 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Miss spelling