Softail Models Standard, Custom, Night Train, Deuce, Springer, Heritage, Fatboy, Deluxe, Rocker and Cross Bones.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2012 FatBoy Lo Build Thread – First phase of mods – TONS of Pics! “How to’s” and tips

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 01:25 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jm35ny
Great job, i love the bars!
thanks, the bars definitely give it more of a nasty look!
Originally Posted by FLS103
I think a stock ABS upper from a Heritage Classic is a +4 to a Lo
intersting to know, i'll have to look into that when i swap it out over the winter.

i originally ordered one from Hill Country Customs (Mfg #: HC-401561). but they sent the wrong one! it was the stock length, so i returned it and had a line made for me locally.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-4-Blac...4e71d2&vxp=mtr

Originally Posted by rgrant2214
The bars look great! How is the 10" as compared to the stock bars? I want my arms up a little more than they are now and those 10's look like they will do the trick.
thanks! its a big difference! i love the look, and really enjoy the raised height! im a little under 5' 8", and these are around shoulder height.

They would be more comfortable i they were pulled back further (probably would have needed 12"), but they look so much better pushed forward and are still more comfortable than stock.

Old 07-28-2014, 03:54 PM
rgrant2214
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ADRENALINE RUSH
thanks, the bars definitely give it more of a nasty look!

intersting to know, i'll have to look into that when i swap it out over the winter.

i originally ordered one from Hill Country Customs (Mfg #: HC-401561). but they sent the wrong one! it was the stock length, so i returned it and had a line made for me locally.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-4-Blac...4e71d2&vxp=mtr

thanks! its a big difference! i love the look, and really enjoy the raised height! im a little under 5' 8", and these are around shoulder height.

They would be more comfortable i they were pulled back further (probably would have needed 12"), but they look so much better pushed forward and are still more comfortable than stock.
Do you know the part number for the risers? I'm hoping I won't have to buy new cables (my fatboy does not have ABS).

Old 07-28-2014, 04:13 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Bike is looking great. I really want to do the Tracker rear fender but for now I have to be able to ride 2 up. The wife has her own bike but still like to ride on back now and them. In 2 years I plan on adding an Ultra to the collection then the Lo will get a huge make over.

Old 07-28-2014, 05:00 PM
ntfreel53
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you going to have the front fender tabs removed from the fork tubes? To me those stand out like a sore thumb maybe a slim fender on the front?

But you have got yourself one good looking bike.

Old 07-28-2014, 10:04 PM
rgrant2214
2nd Gear

I bit the bullet and bought the bars and risers.....😁

Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 PM
truckin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dig the look

Old 07-29-2014, 04:45 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer

Originally Posted by rgrant2214
Do you know the part number for the risers? I'm hoping I won't have to buy new cables (my fatboy does not have ABS).
i don't know the part number, but these are the ones i got...
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Drag-Special...729306&vxp=mtr
they have them on their website too...
http://www.mxmegastore.com/DRAG-SPEC...u0602-0466.htm

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
Bike is looking great. I really want to do the Tracker rear fender but for now I have to be able to ride 2 up. The wife has her own bike but still like to ride on back now and them. In 2 years I plan on adding an Ultra to the collection then the Lo will get a huge make over.
thanks, i guess its a good thing that my never wanted to ride....

Old 07-29-2014, 04:46 PM
ADRENALINE RUSH
Tourer

Originally Posted by ntfreel53
Are you going to have the front fender tabs removed from the fork tubes? To me those stand out like a sore thumb maybe a slim fender on the front?

But you have got yourself one good looking bike.
thanks for the feedback, i have thought about cutting the tabs and cleanin it up, ive also thought about chopping the original stock fender, and ive thought about getting one of these tire huger fenders once i get the 21" x 3.5" front wheel...

Old 07-30-2014, 10:10 PM
cumbacheech
2nd Gear

Great looking bike. I think not having the front fender on looks amazing! Really suits the bike. Great job!

Old 07-31-2014, 08:31 AM
gregeinsc
Road Captain
Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Tire hugger front is not going to look right with a chopped rear IMO. Did the same to my Slim. Liked the concept, but not what it looked like once it was done.

Quick Reply: 2012 FatBoy Lo Build Thread – First phase of mods – TONS of Pics! “How to’s” and tips