Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Softail Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models-7/)
-   -   2014 Breakout Transformation (Lots of Pictures) (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/softail-models/999199-2014-breakout-transformation-lots-of-pictures.html)

ADRENALINE RUSH 09-20-2014 01:49 PM

looks great! at first i didnt think id like the chrome (i used to love chrome, but have become more of a fan of blacked out bikes). BUT after seeing the finished pics i really like it. nice job

docwells 09-20-2014 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by dansax (Post 13235995)
Saw one with a D&D FatCat and it looked sick. Doc you have to take a deep breath and slow down on the mods. You're gonna turn a cool scoot into a catalog bike. There are many custom builders out there that make one off stuff for the same or cheaper then all that RSD and PM parts. I was amazed at the stuff you can find and what can be built for you. Good luck.

I did look at the D&D exhaust. They only had 2 into 1 exhaust when I last looked before ordering the V&H. I like the 2 into 2 exhaust design and like them with a curve and pointed down.

My mods are coming to an end. I've done the changes I wanted to get done right now. Some were safety (upgraded lights) and some were for looks (wheels, rotors and pulley).

And trust me, I did look around for other custom stuff. I am not one who has to have catalog items or buys because it has someone's name on it. But the RSD Clarity line gave me the look I wanted on the air cleaner and derby cover. I am going to a motorcycle expo and festival in Raleigh, NC next week so hopefully there will be some local builders showing off their items. Never know what I may come up with. But as of now, I think I've achieved the look I was going for on this bike. It's time to ride now.

Todd1113 09-21-2014 02:34 AM

Looks good! I like you like the blend of chrome and black so I just did exhaust, intake, programmer, and removed reflectors and such to clean it up a bit. Really like the brake and turn lights, might have to look at a set of those.

HoggyMtnBreakdown 09-21-2014 03:31 AM

Wouldn't exactly call slapping chrome pipes, rims and a/c on it a "transformation", but yeah, NICE bike!

Nostradamus74 09-21-2014 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by 24v (Post 13236089)

Really nice fender!
Who makes it? Thunderbike?

BMM48 09-21-2014 06:39 AM

Looks like the Rick's one I think.

24v 09-21-2014 12:36 PM

I don't remember to be honest. It was posted on Facebook.

JAX-HD-Rider 09-22-2014 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I think that's the Thunderbike fender and maybe their seat too.

Hawaii-Five-Jo 09-22-2014 10:37 PM

You need some axle covers for the rear and a flush mount in the front.

Think I'm gonna have to look into sport chrome to rechrome some parts

Sport Chrome 09-23-2014 12:49 PM

Hi Guys, Thanks for all the kind words. Feel free to send me a message here on the forum if you are in need of anything

JR