Softail Parts This is the place to post your Softail Parts for sale. DO NOT POST WTB THREAD HERE.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Used Shotgun Shock 07-17 Non-ABS

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2019, 01:56 PM
pidnaul
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Old 06-25-2019, 09:52 PM
RHD51
Road Captain
Received 444 Likes on 205 Posts

Thanks for giving your helpful appraisal of your experience with the Shotgun shock. I Am still considering that I may have a different experience as i am 6', 260lbs. @ 68 yrs. old. I don't care about dropping it to the ground, at this point I just want a cushier ride but still stable. The stability in corners is what concerns me. What I have read and seen claims the monoshock makes the bike more stable. I am not an aggressive rider but I do like to ride the back hills of So. IN that do have some curves and hills. I will try to do a little more research and will let you know if I decide to take a chance and pull the trigger on the shotgun.
Any additional input from people that have used the Shotgun is welcome.

Old 06-25-2019, 11:15 PM
RHD51
Road Captain
Received 444 Likes on 205 Posts

Just to inform you. I emailed J.D. @ Shotgun and learned warranty is for original purchaser only.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:15 AM
pidnaul
Tourer

Originally Posted by RHD51
Just to inform you. I emailed J.D. @ Shotgun and learned warranty is for original purchaser only.
Well that is new....I don't believe anyone has ever had an issue. Not only that, they are always ready to help.

Old 06-27-2019, 02:24 AM
pidnaul
Tourer

Originally Posted by RHD51
Thanks for giving your helpful appraisal of your experience with the Shotgun shock. I Am still considering that I may have a different experience as i am 6', 260lbs. @ 68 yrs. old. I don't care about dropping it to the ground, at this point I just want a cushier ride but still stable. The stability in corners is what concerns me. What I have read and seen claims the monoshock makes the bike more stable. I am not an aggressive rider but I do like to ride the back hills of So. IN that do have some curves and hills. I will try to do a little more research and will let you know if I decide to take a chance and pull the trigger on the shotgun.
Any additional input from people that have used the Shotgun is welcome.
I think a heavier rider works well with this as it aids in rebound control. A really light rider has to lower the bike more to gain a firmer rebound. Which in turn reduces your amount of usable travel. When I took my son for a ride it rode much smoother.

Old 06-27-2019, 10:38 AM
pidnaul
Tourer

Originally Posted by CHHBadkarma
If it wasn't for my oil bud oil cooler I would take you up on it. My 422s with RAP beat the snot outta me on the freeway expansion joints.

Free bump for ya
Air ride occupies same space as stock shocks. I am pretty sure it would work with what you have. Give JD a call at Shotgun. 1-323-359-4914

Old 07-11-2019, 01:52 AM
pidnaul
Tourer

Bump..

Old 07-27-2019, 03:00 AM
Fatburger
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Shotgun

Dude Im in Natomas. I got SAS air ride on my 2011 Lo. Great ride in corners scraping the boards and no rebound but it quit on me. Im interested. If my SAS cant be fixed I'll hit you up. Gonna lift it up tomorrow and see wtf... in the balmy 105 degree breeze smh.

The following users liked this post:
pidnaul (07-27-2019)
Old 07-27-2019, 05:16 AM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,920 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Originally Posted by pidnaul
For 10 months I tried every possible combination to get the ride to perform well. While on mostly smooth compliant roads, it was very comfortable. However transitioning onto a back river road or sweeping freeway interchanges that wallow, I would have to slow down to feel safe.

The rear of the bike would be uncontrollable on the turns if I didn't back off the throttle and I would have to stand at times on straight rough roads because it would bounce way to much. All while my buddies were flat/stable and pulling away from me.

I will definitely miss the cool factor of dropping the bike when parked. But I should have known better. It is air ride and has trade offs. Really wanted to believe most of the glorification on here about it.

Just isn't good enough for me to give up reliable function and performance.

Most on here will disagree.
I know the bounce you're refering to. It's because you set the rebound to soft, so it bounced you off the seat.
I found that if I set the height then set the rebound to move only 1"-3/4" when I bounce on the seat It was perfect.

Old 07-27-2019, 12:30 PM
pidnaul
Tourer

Still for sale. Price drop to $1,100...

Quick Reply: Used Shotgun Shock 07-17 Non-ABS