Rocker Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2012, 02:17 PM
Hatchet-6
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Micah- For a speedo?....knowing the gear and guessing(which I'm still learning...one speeding ticket isn't bad, right?)

Mike- Rear Tire: Metz 880XXL 280/35-18
Front Tire: Metz 880 120/70-21
Bars: HellRiser LA Choppers Outlaw Z-Bar

Looking at some performance mods (haven't come to a final decision yet) and some Diamond Cutting for the winter mods. Maybe some Custom Cycle Control Systems Hidden hand controls to clean up the top a little. Depends on how long the winter decides to hang around...and of course...how much the lady decides to tolerate.

Thoughts on the Performance Mods? Always looking for an experienced point of view instead of the that of the guy trying to sell it.

Old 12-13-2012, 08:55 PM
m i k e
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by micahpop
mike, why you pulling the front end off again? Bigger wheel?
naw the dumb fork tubes is leakin again CHITBALLS. i really dont wanna tear it all apart AGAIN but.... when i do WHALA new front fender , new rear fender
then i will think about dash too, got some ideas from down under.

painted of course LOL
***micha*** where is that dude @ that did your seat?

Last edited by m i k e; 12-13-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:23 AM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

He's about 20 minutes from me in SoCal

Hatchet, how did you shove a 280 back there?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:42 AM
Hatchet-6
Novice

Just the Heartland EZ RR 280 kit and a lot of checking and double checking to make sure we were clearing the tire and fender with the belt. About 1/16" on a good day

Old 12-14-2012, 08:11 PM
BMWHD
Intermediate

Hi guys,

Where is the best place to get a heartland kit at a good price for in LA? Is it better to buy online?

I'm based in Australia, I bought a stock bike (looks wise, it has the motor done) this week and I want to modify it before it comes to Australia because it works out to be a lot cheaper (we get ripped off here).

I'm also after some nice handlebars, can anyone make a suggestion?

This is the bike I bought:
http://loz.craigslist.org/mcy/3452020732.html

Thanks

Old 12-14-2012, 08:34 PM
BMWHD
Intermediate

Also what size tyre are you guys running on the back, with the heartland conversion?

Old 12-14-2012, 09:43 PM
micahpop
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What the ...??? You bought a Rocker for $9500 (or less)? Damn, that guy must have been hard up for cash. But score for you!

Not to get too nosy but what's your plan here? I'm assuming the bike is being transported to Los Angeles so it can get on a boat to Australia? And you want to get the heartland kit in LA and then ship it along with the bike, right? Will you be here to coordinate all this stuff?

I'm not sure where would be the cheapest place to get the kit but Heartland is having a holiday promo that will save you a whopping 5% off retail. As for the tire, you can run up to 260 without any modifications.

I live in SoCal so if you need help with anything let me know. Would be glad to help out a fellow Rocker owner (especially since you're now on team Black )

Old 12-14-2012, 10:46 PM
rockerz
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by m i k e
naw the dumb fork tubes is leakin again CHITBALLS. i really dont wanna tear it all apart AGAIN but.... when i do WHALA new front fender , new rear fender
then i will think about dash too, got some ideas from down under.

painted of course LOL
***micha*** where is that dude @ that did your seat?

MIKE you gonna try the Deuce dash on your Rocker?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:51 PM
BMWHD
Intermediate

Originally Posted by micahpop
What the ...??? You bought a Rocker for $9500 (or less)? Damn, that guy must have been hard up for cash. But score for you!

Not to get too nosy but what's your plan here? I'm assuming the bike is being transported to Los Angeles so it can get on a boat to Australia? And you want to get the heartland kit in LA and then ship it along with the bike, right? Will you be here to coordinate all this stuff?

I'm not sure where would be the cheapest place to get the kit but Heartland is having a holiday promo that will save you a whopping 5% off retail. As for the tire, you can run up to 260 without any modifications.

I live in SoCal so if you need help with anything let me know. Would be glad to help out a fellow Rocker owner (especially since you're now on team Black )
I got it for $9100 .
I watched it go from 16, to 14 to 11.5 to 9.5 in a week. Got lucky. It does have a small blemish, but not too bad, could probably paintless dent removal it. I'll post some pics in the next post, if you guys can tell me what mods it has by looking at it that would be great!

The bike will be sent from Missouri to LA and then it will be shipped to Australia. I have an agent in LA who is handling the entire process.

I want to buy the kit and have it fitted in the USA before leaving the country, also want to get the handlebars done. So if you can suggest a place that would be great, or even a place to get the parts, as my agent has a guy who does the labour pretty cheap he reckons.

I love the look of your bike! What size tire are you running? Can I fit a 260 tyre on the stock rear wheel?

Old 12-14-2012, 11:55 PM
BMWHD
Intermediate

You can see the dent in the first pic:

Quick Reply: Rocker Pictures