Blackline Picture thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 12:50 PM
pistondealer
Advanced
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

If you can't buy it, make it. Remove bolts and slide the driver backrest out the front. Then slide the sissy bar in from the back and install the bolts. Less than a minute to go from driver backrest to standard sissy bar and back. Or................it's a quick attach so you take it all off in seconds.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:51 PM
willrx1
Novice
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Posted some of the first pictures in this thread in 2013. Shortly thereafter, bike and I were separated until last month. Thought I'd post up again. Bike is essentially the same and now has a whopping 550 miles on the clock.

Old 07-15-2020, 07:54 PM
willrx1
Novice
Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Oops, please move to Breakout thread-told you it's been a while

Old 08-16-2021, 10:37 AM
oregonkickstart
Tourer
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

So I started this project a few weeks back and now I thought I'd show her off on this thread. This bike was a theft recovery/impound and when I got it, it looked like it had been laying in a field for a couple years. There was algae growing on the heads, like into the metal, there were spider nests and pine needles everywhere, someone had painted it flat black, and in the process of breaking the lock in the neck, they destroyed the front end. It would only turn a couple degrees to the left of center and all the way right... What a mess! After rebuilding the front end I rook the tins off and had them painted Mercedes iridium grey. I pressure washed the motor and got the green off the heads, cleaned and detailed everything as I worked, and fixed a bad oil leak behind the oil bag, and replaced the tires... This thing, turns out only had 7200mi. on it. It is low and fast and looking for a new home...

Old 07-12-2022, 06:42 PM
Jaysnighttrain
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hawaii-Five-Jo
Here ya go, show'n off the 260's

Attachment 535068

Those are nice bikes, makes me wanna ship mine there & ride

Old 06-14-2023, 08:33 PM
TLoud
Cruiser
Default Exhaust

Originally Posted by Blackp5ca
That's my old bike!
I cobbled that front end together. Fender was a fiberglass fender from Dark parts, drilled the holes high so it would hug the tire. (stock 21" rim, 100/100 Avon cobra tire) V-Rod headlight and cowl, had to fab up a bracket to make it work, used the bar risers mounting bolts to attach bracket. Fork covers are Lowbrow Customs for a sportster (39mm) had to cut about an inch off the top (distance between triples is shorter on the softail), they slide over the 41mm forks perfectly once trimmed. mounting I had to be a little creative, slotted the mounting tabs and added some spacers..they mount with the lower triple pinch bolt. (hard to explain but you'd understand if you had the parts in front of you) Front signals are Joker Machine, upper clamp was Todds Cycle, I used a set of Breakout bar risers and speedo mount, bars are Roland Sands, bar end mirrors are Joker Machine as well, grips are arlen ness (Drilled out the ends for the mirrors)
I have a short youtube video of the bike here if interested...feel free to ask if you have any specific questions, happy to help!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PAu0XUl2Bw
I know this is old but I did end up getting the sportster fork tubes and haven’t done anything yet. Now the projects back on and I’m ready to go! I was also wondering what exhaust you were running. That gloss black 2-1 is awesome. Can you tell me what it was? I really need to get rid of my v&h short shots and what you were running would fit perfect!

Old 06-16-2023, 08:06 AM
Blackp5ca
Tourer
Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by TLoud
I know this is old but I did end up getting the sportster fork tubes and haven’t done anything yet. Now the projects back on and I’m ready to go! I was also wondering what exhaust you were running. That gloss black 2-1 is awesome. Can you tell me what it was? I really need to get rid of my v&h short shots and what you were running would fit perfect!
Ahh that's great to hear, make sure you post up some progress pics. I miss that old Blackline, it was a fun bike to build and fun bike to ride.

That exhaust was the "Freedom Performance American Outlaw high 2-into-1" I had the entire pipe, endcap and heat shields included, powder coated gloss black from a local shop. Turned out great. That exhaust, in my opinion, had a really nice sound. Not too loud, not too quiet, nice deep mellow tone.

Old 07-29-2023, 02:40 AM
Gsurfa
Stage I
Default Exhaust

[QUOTE=VEHLAon48;9303993]Here's mine traded in ma 48 and love it

Where do you find these exhausts?

Old 09-07-2023, 04:20 PM
Hdbreakout84
Club Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default My Breakout

Pretty new to this site, but here is my 2017 Breakout. Looking forward to learning more about my bike from you guys. Let me know what you guys have done to reduce forward reach, besides Apes and Seat adjustment. Thanks Everyone.

Old 09-08-2023, 03:13 PM
04STD
6th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=Gsurfa;21319495]
Originally Posted by VEHLAon48
Here's mine traded in ma 48 and love it

Where do you find these exhausts?
Anyone know what exhaust this is? I've searched high and low and cant find them..

Quick Reply: Blackline Picture thread