Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

Florida Under Water.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2018, 02:03 PM
shorelasHD
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2,858 Likes on 1,270 Posts

As the owner of two waterfront homes, I hope that it's a long long time. Bear in mind that ONLY Ice that is presently on land (like the Greenland or West Antarctic Ice cap will contribute to sea level rise-if any ice that's currently floating around (like in the Arctic Ocean or Weddell Sea) melts, there will be little if any sea level change (when water freezes, it EXPANDS by about 8%, so if this floating ice melts, sea level will actually go down a bit!).

My guess is that we'll be OK for another 50-80 years before we start having to worry about it.

Old 10-07-2018, 02:10 PM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
G'day mates.

When do you think FL will be under water?

A few yrs ago, it was predicted that FL would be under water in 50 yrs. I think that is too soon tho I did not do any research. But then, I understand the "Normalcy Bias" and I can be wrong about the 50 yrs. Just as if you told millions of Jews they will be taken out of their homes next week and exterminated, they would likely say you are nuts and it will not happen.

I do know NASA has a satellite that can measure the ice cap to 1 millimeter. And it is clear the ice is (not maybe) is melting. Kindly do not turn this into a debate. If you want to think the ice cap is not melting, then fine.

If the ice cap is melting, ergo the water level is rising, how long do you think it will be before we are under water?

What are your thoughts. Especially UKLauren since I love her. But that does not preclude anyone elses opinion.

Thank you mates!

BuzzCap7
Meanwhile BOTH poles have been reported to be laying down ice faster than ever in the last decade or so. Both gaining ice at a great rate.

It all comes down to if you want the IPCC to do your thinking for you ( a political body advised by funding hounds and outright climate change liars) or to do the research and searching yourself and see the "sceptical viewpoint".

"You can show a human the truth but you can't make him think"

http://joannenova.com.au/2018/10/fir...boats-on-land/
What were they thinking?

The fate of the planet is at stake, but the key temperature data set used by climate models contains more than 70 different sorts of problems.
Trillions of dollars have been spent because of predictions based on this data – yet even the most baby-basic quality control checks have not been done.
Thanks to Dr John McLean, we see how The IPCC demands for cash rests on freak data, empty fields, Fahrenheit temps recorded as Celsius, mistakes in longitude and latitude, brutal adjustments and even spelling errors.

Why. Why. Why wasn’t this done years ago?So much for that facade.
How can people who care about the climate be so sloppy and amateur with the data?

Last edited by OzHD; 10-07-2018 at 02:14 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:25 PM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 47,785 Likes on 18,560 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
the more people that move there, the more water taken from the auquifer underneath.......the more sinkholes....probably wont be from the sea rising, but Florida sinking.
That was my point ! :>)

The following users liked this post:
MURPHCC1 (10-07-2018)
Old 10-07-2018, 03:12 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,339 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by MURPHCC1
the more people that move there, the more water taken from the auquifer underneath.......the more sinkholes....probably wont be from the sea rising, but Florida sinking.
Hmmm, that makes me think of the severe problems in California.

There was a 60 minutes or 20/20, 1 of those no BS documentary programs showing you maps from satellites and water underground (if u can believe that) and it is looking very bad. NOT meaning to be an alarmist.

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
As the owner of two waterfront homes, I hope that it's a long long time. Bear in mind that ONLY Ice that is presently on land (like the Greenland or West Antarctic Ice cap will contribute to sea level rise-if any ice that's currently floating around (like in the Arctic Ocean or Weddell Sea) melts, there will be little if any sea level change (when water freezes, it EXPANDS by about 8%, so if this floating ice melts, sea level will actually go down a bit!).

My guess is that we'll be OK for another 50-80 years before we start having to worry about it.
I hope 1 of your (or both) are high up on the 22nd floor so your toes will remain dry. 'doh!

IF 50-80 yrs is accurate, which is in and of itself is hard to say, can you imagine what it would be like? Home prices diving, people moving northward and prices up there going up. Freaking wow.

Maybe we should all get houseboats. :-)

And BTW, HI OzzieHD!

BuzzCap7