Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Southeast (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southeast-35/)
-   -   Florida Under Water. (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/southeast/1256380-florida-under-water.html)

BuzzCap7 10-06-2018 07:14 AM

Florida Under Water.

G'day mates.

When do you think FL will be under water?

A few yrs ago, it was predicted that FL would be under water in 50 yrs. I think that is too soon tho I did not do any research. But then, I understand the "Normalcy Bias" and I can be wrong about the 50 yrs. Just as if you told millions of Jews they will be taken out of their homes next week and exterminated, they would likely say you are nuts and it will not happen.

I do know NASA has a satellite that can measure the ice cap to 1 millimeter. And it is clear the ice is (not maybe) is melting. Kindly do not turn this into a debate. If you want to think the ice cap is not melting, then fine.

If the ice cap is melting, ergo the water level is rising, how long do you think it will be before we are under water?

What are your thoughts. Especially UKLauren since I love her. But that does not preclude anyone elses opinion.

Thank you mates!

BuzzCap7

M8USA 10-06-2018 07:25 AM

Having keen vision and being able to look into the future I would say in the year 2020.

BuzzCap7 10-06-2018 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by M8USA (Post 17736337)
Having keen vision and being able to look into the future I would say in the year 2020.

Ok M8USA, hate to do this but :icon_slap2:. You deserved that.

I just did some research and it appears to be about 3 feet globally in 82 years. Then there are a load of qualifiers where it could be a lot, lot faster.

Don't make me discipline you again since I have :icon_viking: waiting in the wings for you.

BuzzCap7

J F GO 10-06-2018 07:31 PM

When we lived in Ft. Lauderdale, back in 78, they said 40 to 50 years. Shows ya what they know. (Those Theys)

BuzzCap7 10-06-2018 09:13 PM

Good point J F GO. Likely the same thing I guess but now the instrumentation is much more advanced. There are other issues as well that make projecting very difficult. It was interesting to read about.

Either way, I will make sure I have sensible rubber boots around. :-)

BuzzCap7

J F GO 10-07-2018 11:19 AM

My mommy always told me to wear my rubbers.

Uncle Larry 10-07-2018 11:29 AM

Well ... the demise of Florida may come from below ... The sink holes are becoming more and more frequent/prevalent ... Only a matter of time :<(

BuzzCap7 10-07-2018 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by J F GO (Post 17739381)
My mommy always told me to wear my rubbers.

JFG, (as I say in exhaustion), do we need to have a talk about this again?

BuzzCap7

Originally Posted by Uncle Larry (Post 17739398)
Well ... the demise of Florida may come from below ... The sink holes are becoming more and more frequent/prevalent ... Only a matter of time :<(

Not sure if there is relevancy here on sink holes and the ice caps melting. COULD BE. Nature is so PHENOMENAL.

BuzzCap7

MURPHCC1 10-07-2018 12:58 PM

the more people that move there, the more water taken from the auquifer underneath.......the more sinkholes....probably wont be from the sea rising, but Florida sinking.

J F GO 10-07-2018 01:48 PM

The dams holding back Lake Okeechobee from filtering through the Everglades isn't doing much for saving this state either.