Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia.

VA riders-meet ups?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2019, 06:07 AM
kap1
Road Captain
Received 113 Likes on 86 Posts
Default VA riders-meet ups?

I noticed an old post about VA riders. It seems there isn't a lot of regional activity posted. I responded to a post on the General board this AM. I am not into group riding but would enjoy riding to a rally point for something to eat and to meet other riders or a rider. Being retired I usually enjoy non-weekend rides but Sunday breakfast is a regular thing for me. It is possible that we could set up some kind of message tree for those interested in such a thing. Any input?

Old 02-10-2019, 07:50 PM
RCermak
Cruiser
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Richmond Virginia area

I live south of Richmond we like to run up RT5 and make a few stops. Also good Sunday brunch at a couple of places in Petersburg

Old 02-11-2019, 06:19 AM
kap1
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RCermak
I live south of Richmond we like to run up RT5 and make a few stops. Also good Sunday brunch at a couple of places in Petersburg
I haven't been on Rt 5. I generally avoid the Richmond /Petersburg/Williamsburg area due to all the traffic. Went through some nice areas North of Richmond once. I am sure there are a lot of great places to eat. Even out here I end my Sunday ride by 1300 usually but start at daylight. The buildup in my area over the last 20 yrs has been both amazing and depressing depending on how you look at it. I go to VA in Richmond and have three routine visits in April. I64 is becoming as bad as I 81, imo. I never look forward to those runs. Sometimes it is 220 miles for a 15 min deal that takes all day, but I do appreciate the care very much. All that said I wouldn't dismiss the possibility of doing a meet, greet and eat out there if one is posted up.

Old 02-11-2019, 06:27 AM
kap1
Road Captain
Default 2/14/19 Tappahanock

Tentatively plan on running out to NN burger 2/14 to test seat of new bike and see if I need to replace it. Although it is a Signature model, I have the feeling that it won't cut it for 600-700 mile days. Anyway, I will be leaving Nelson Cty around 0830-0900 to get out there close to opening (1100) grab a burger and head on back. This is just a freeway blast for me for the seat time. I will know for sure Wed AM. If anyone interested in any or all of this let me know--PM fine.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:54 PM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

Fredericksburg VA here!!
​​​​​​
Let me know if something gets set up I'm all up for meeting and eating and enjoying a Cigar if your into that...

A little on the younger side here at 35. I have another rider in town who is 37 and a riding buddy (DocO) who is 50 in Troy, VA. .

The following users liked this post:
kap1 (02-22-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 11:54 AM
kap1
Road Captain

3/24 this Sunday I am heading over to Douthat SP for breakfast. Leave Afton around 0800 and back around 1400. I81 to Raphine and then all SR/CR. Anyone interested in riding let me know.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:39 PM
LocoLocal
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Tucked up in the NW corner in Leebsurg, VA.

There's a swap meet Sunday in Richmond. http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=1472

And another central VA guy posted a thread in the Sportster sub forum. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...ber-in-va.html

Old 03-22-2019, 12:45 PM
LocoLocal
Tourer
Received 69 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rgrecco
Fredericksburg VA here!!
​​​​​​
Let me know if something gets set up I'm all up for meeting and eating and enjoying a Cigar if your into that...

A little on the younger side here at 35. I have another rider in town who is 37 and a riding buddy (DocO) who is 50 in Troy, VA. .
Cigar, eh?! I'm listening....

I threw out Culpeper in the other thread. Seems like most are scattered across Richmond and NOVA so that seems to be a good meeting spot.

Old 03-22-2019, 12:52 PM
thomassa3
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by LocoLocal
Tucked up in the NW corner in Leebsurg, VA.

There's a swap meet Sunday in Richmond. http://www.chopcult.com/event.php?event_id=1472

And another central VA guy posted a thread in the Sportster sub forum. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/sport...ber-in-va.html
I'm the "another central VA guy"...Mechanicsville, Va here (35 yr old, just cause I saw someone else post about age too, just for info purpose, no discrimination here, I married a cougar after all)

Definitely interested in doing some meets and/or rides with folks!

Old 03-22-2019, 03:32 PM
thomassa3
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Quick Reply: VA riders-meet ups?